• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've read it twice. Maybe you should review the words you used the order you used them in, and the claims you made.

BTW, when was this that you were required to use a CPAP that had this reporting ability?

You never answered that question when I posed it to you. Are you claiming to still be maintaining your pilots license? Because before about 15 years ago, home wifi wasn't a common thing, and wifi connectivity in devices that aren't computer related was nearly unheard of. Considering how old you've often claimed to be, this gives me even more reason to doubt you.

Are you a trucker or pilot?

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Yes, it is very real. I won't tell you about my 2nd doctor experience with it 3 years ago in San Antonio except to say only the very dumbest doctors go into this area of practice. Doctors do come in a wide variety of skill and morals.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    1. OP likes to accuse others he disagrees with of adding/subtracting from his words then using them out of context. Watch out, you'll end up on his "spreadsheet". Ask me how I know. :laughing:

2. My C-PAP goes with me everywhere. My doctor only pulls my data for insurance verification when I want a new machine (every 5 years).

3. I have a Resmed Airsense 10. I can look at my nightly/monthly report whenever I want through the MyAir app. It tells me how good of a seal I have, number of hours used, events per hour, etc.

4. I used to be in a profession that required compliance and I would have to bring in my SD Card (older model) for a compliance check. It was never an issue because I loved my machine.

ETA: If any of you use/used a Philips Respironics machine you should talk to your Dr. There is a class action lawsuit due to defective machines.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Sounds like you have the ResMed S9. It's a gray machine and the humidifier snaps onto the side. You are correct, it only has the SD card slot. ResMed did have a module that fit onto the S9 for wireless connection. It didn't work very well and when the AirSense 10 came out, it had an internal modem that worked much better.
    Yep...mine says AirSense on it and its wireless.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Yeah, making shit up about CPAP machines "reporting back" to some overreaching nefarious gubbmint organization for...whatever reason is idiocy. A CPAP machine has a memory card. The card in mine has neve been accessed by anyone. When my machine wore out I acquired another and it has an empty card slot - and it still works just fine. There's no wireless connection of any kind. It's not on a network. And without the machine I get about 30 minutes of good sleep per night and my BP goes up into "stroke risk" territory.

Some people have too damn much time on their hands.
    RESMED machines:

Which CPAP machines work with myAir?​

myAir supports all AirSenseTM or AirCurveTM machines with built-in wireless technology, where a supported wireless network is available.

My machine connected automatically and I was able to monitor the effectiveness of the therapy on the myAir app. This stopped when the wireless network became obsolete and no longer available. I think it was 2G but perhaps 3G? Not sure if 3G is still up on the air but I am pretty sure 2G isn't. My machine quit talking to the Resmed service a few years ago. My blood/oxygen levels were in the low 70s many times during the night prior to PAP therapy. I had a sleep study done by a clinic in SATX years ago then a titration study to set air pressure levels and received a prescription and connected with a supply company. I never saw a sleep doctor. My primary care doctor prescribed another machine about 5 years ago when it was needed. I was on auto-issue for supplies with a supply company and they sent so many that I cut off these supplies as I was having a hard time storing it all and still have enough for a few years in the future. I suspect Medicare doesn't monitor this spending much.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Neither - but I use a CPAP. He stated that all of them report back to "big brother" wirelessly, in the midst of his insinuations that sleep apnea isn't real and is part of a conspiracy.
    <>

My comments were clearly in reference to the situation I was in.

The other Pilots I knew whe shared the situation all told that theirs “reported” automatically.

I have no claim to know of machines unrelated to this DoT/FAA order.

<>
    Yes, it is very real. I won't tell you about my 2nd doctor experience with it 3 years ago in San Antonio except to say only the very dumbest doctors go into this area of practice. Doctors do come in a wide variety of skill and morals.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

The other Pilots I knew whe shared the situation all told that theirs “reported” automatically.

<>

And for the third time I ask, when did you receive this mandate to use a CPAP?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

<>
    <>

Agreed.

”All” was clearly in reference to the specific problem under discussion.

The machine I had was a “Philips”, and I didn’t buy it. It was sent to me and I was instructed how to set it up & use it. The other Pilots I spoke with had the same situation. The “reporting” was in reference to the threatened “enforcement”.

The Doctors at Tulane were both obnoxious and unprepared. When questioned about the mechanism of the abnormality they described and diagnosed on “everyone”, they proved ignorant of the anatomic features of the region. Tulane got so many complaints about their two Doctors, that they had to close the clinic down and reassign the Docs. I say “everyone”, as I worked across the expressway; and, every person I met who had gone through Tulane in this program had the same story.

From discussion in the “Sleep Doctor’s’ waiting area, the program also involved long-distance Truckers, Mariners, & others. I understood from conversations that their units also “reported”.

I’d have to guess that machines not in that program may not have included the “reporting” function, as their users were involved for their own health reasons, w/o threats of enforcement actions.

We were given an option of undergoing a surgical procedure, but would not have been allowed to fly until discharged from post-op care & re-evaluated.

Yes, some Doctors did take advantage of the “program”, as the numbers & volumes of activities in “Sleep Medicine” absoultely skyrocketed after the program was put into effect.

All of this was forced upon us with the flimsiest “evidence” and no legislative study or action.

<>

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Where do you get your CPAP supplies?

It turns out that my insurance hardly covers anything until the deductible is met. The supplies at my doctors office are a ripoff.
    Amazon delivers the next day at a fair price. There is still a huge amount of markup over production cost.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

It turns out that my insurance hardly covers anything until the deductible is met. The supplies at my doctors office are a ripoff.
    Amazon delivers the next day at a fair price. There is still a huge amount of markup over production cost.

Amazon.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    All this talk about sleeping is...

293983356_5577664035600463_4557785980140799486_n.jpg

Making me sleepy..

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

Almost anything purchased at a Doctors Office will be more expensive.

I learned this the very hard way back when I was a Family Doc. Many hospitals still used only plaster of Paris for splints & casts. While those splints are fine for immediate & the next few days, it is easier on the injured person to switch to the plastic & foam braces for the remainder, after the fracture is not unstable or the major swelling of a sprain reduces.

I was stocking a lot of the plastic/foam/velcro splints, as no one else in our neighborhood had them. There are wrist/forearm splints, hand splints, ankle “boots”, etc. in R & L, 3 sizes, 3 deep for every extremity and double for children.

A Friend who had been a hospital purchasing agent was visiting and inquired what my charges were. I told him “100% markup over my cost.”. I thought that was fair & proper, but he told me that I was losing a bunch on the big inventory I had to carry; he recommended at least 3.5 X cost.

Of course today, these can be purchased online for about what the Doc’s cost would be, so few offices deal with them, just give a Rx for what is needed,

Lesson is “Just don’t buy from Doc’s Office if there is an acceptable alternative.” Same for low-volume Pharmacies. Your neighborhood Druggist is usually best overall for meds, but not for durable goods.

Good Luck !

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The recent “Bud Light” tranny flap should bring hope to all who seek boycotts.

Many say they can’t work; but just LOOK at A-B trying to find excuses now.

<>

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My sister, a truck driver, was forced to use c-pap because she is fat.
    She never had sleep problems until the fucks forced her to use the damn thing, then it disturbs her sleep. With remote control, they kept turning it up to max.
    She finally bought her own and just has to submit reports.

Joe
    Who is ‘they’?

Top Bottom