• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    There is no way I am canceling the badge…….LMFAO. Understand this was presented to me this was so this is what I threw it out there to see if it has any teeth. See it the way you want but what scares me is that others believe that it is true, people that teach others .

and yes somethimes its good to over think some things for it is worse to under think it

Did your CHL instructor tell his class that a person becomes a temporary Peace Officer when a crime happens in his presence?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    yes, this is why I was asking because of the wording can lead you that way
    Actually I dont see how the wording could in an way, shape or form lead to that conclusion.
    And of the many CHL instructors I know I have never even heard such a bizarre notion brought up.
    If this guy is teaching this someone needs to contact DPS and let them know. Holy smokes!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Remembed the Non violent dispute resolution training? There are 6 elements of a conversation: two of those are afe "what the receiver heard", and "what the receiver THINKS he heard".

I think we have a case of that.

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    "what the receiver THINKS he heard".

make that "what 8 receivers (people in the class) think they heard". for some reason you think I am making it up or think I heard it because I want to believe it. you are gravely mistaken. me and a friend took the class and we heard the same thing and questioned it in the class. I might not know law but I know what I was told.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    You might want to contact DPS. I have known of an instance where an LEO will pay to attend a class posing as a reguar citizen to check out the material (and specifically the length of time) that an instructor is teaching.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    make that "what 8 receivers (people in the class) think they heard". for some reason you think I am making it up or think I heard it because I want to believe it. you are gravely mistaken. me and a friend took the class and we heard the same thing and questioned it in the class. I might not know law but I know what I was told.
    I dont see 8 people here supporting what you claim you were told.

I will just be frank with you. I do not believe you.

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    the time was right and the class was good. every one walked out with a positive attude. I just don't think he was doing it because he knew wrong but I do believe he thinks it is right.

and no it should not be the end of thread because someone thinks it should. it should be discussed so others know the difference because if he is wrong then it should be corrected.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    barstoolguru, I don't think he meant close the thread. I took it as, "end of discussion" type comment. What you were told was wrong, nothing more to say, etc.

However in difference to others, I do belive your story. I don't doubt that you (and others) were lead to believe what you stated was told to your class. I was not there, and have zero reason to believe otherwise. It might not be right, and the instructior needs to be corrected before someone gets in an unfortunate situation because of his teaching. I also have been told things that were not true in classes. Until proven otherwise, I will believe your story.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I believe he thinks he heard it.

I have been teaching CHL for over 7 years. I always allow students to clarify missed test questions after we grade the written test. It never fails that SOMEONE in class will claim they missed a question because I gave them wrong information in class. The other 15 people, however, disagree.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom