• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    9mm 1911 need you do.

I know I can't handle the recoil from a Glock 19, not yet anyway. Maybe with enough shooting practice, my hands might get strong enough. Although, I was thinking maybe something heavier to absorb more of the recoil.

I really like the CZ SP-01 Phantom. We had a used CZ SP-01 (all steel) and a Phantom in the store one time. I couldn't lift the all steel one up to a shooting position. So, that's out. But, the polymer version (Phantom) might work.

Or maybe a 1911, or a larger glock, or . . . . Depends on the weight. Need heavy enough to absorb recoil, but light enough to be able to lift.

Time and practice will tell.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I know I can't handle the recoil from a Glock 19, not yet anyway. Maybe with enough shooting practice, my hands might get strong enough. Although, I was thinking maybe something heavier to absorb more of the recoil.

I really like the CZ SP-01 Phantom. We had a used CZ SP-01 (all steel) and a Phantom in the store one time. I couldn't lift the all steel one up to a shooting position. So, that's out. But, the polymer version (Phantom) might work.

Or maybe a 1911, or a larger glock, or . . . . Depends on the weight. Need heavy enough to absorb recoil, but light enough to be able to lift.

They do have 1911's (except for the slide) that are made of scandium aluminum.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

You might check out the Kel-Tec PMR-30 pistol. It is very lightweight.
    Its chambered in .22magnum.
    Magazine capacity is 30 rounds.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    At first, I was about to say that I already have 3 22's. Then I noticed. 30 round magazines! Nice!
    For some reason the photo didn’t show in the previous post. 22LR, or what most people call 22 on the left, 22 WMR or 22 mag on the right.

upload_2019-5-6_22-52-42.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-6_22-52-42.jpeg
      upload_2019-5-6_22-52-42.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 218

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Then I noticed. 30 round magazines! Nice!
    A few bullet points on those magazines are probably in order because YMMV is definitely in play:
    • The Chuck Hawks test said that the mag spring was so strong it was practical to load with no more than 20 rounds. Going further than that would start denting rounds already in the magazine.
    • I've heard people who own them say they can't get more than 15 in the magazine. I've only loaded one and I stopped at 15.
    • The official instructions here advise tapping the back of the magazine between 8 and 12 times at prescribed intervals while loading, making the official procedures incredibly tedious.
    • Some people seem to have no problems with them. Kel-Tec even produced a video of a person like that. Unless the magazines have been redesigned from the originals, I'd say this guy is atypical and has had an amazing amount of practice.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Remington Model 11 20 ga (1957, Dad bought it, had to pay him back, still have it)

Stevens 77 pump 16 ga
    (1959, traded a Sears Silvertone guitar for it, to the gas station attendant who was putting a quarter's worth of gas in my '49 Willy's Jeepster).

Browning Cittori O/U 12 ga (1979, Best damn shotgun I've ever owned, sold it during hard times, when the baby needed new shoes ... that's my story anyway)

(Bought a Ruger Single Six somewhere in there)

Last edited:

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Age 9 my Uncle gave me his brother’s .22cal. Winchester Bolt Action Rifle with a Lyman Peep Sight. His brother was an Army Air Force Pilot killed over France in WWII. I still have it from 63 years ago.

Age 13 my parents gave me a Stevens Double Barrel 12 Gauge Side by Side. It had one hair trigger from the factory and both shells would fire if you pulled the trigger on the modified barrel. I got more than one busted lip and finally traded it for a 20 foot aluminum ladder at OTASCO.

Age 15 my parents gave me a Marlin 336T .30.30 cal. Rifle. I still have it after 57 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom