• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That wasn't my point. I guess I was unclear. I'm not talking about wandering around hunting for a cop car. I'm say we should be able to easily spot one if they're nearby. For instance, what if your wife or daughter are being followed and they can't recognize the cop car they just past in a parking lot? What good is that police officer to your wife or daughter when all the bean counters care about is hiding their identity so they can issue more tickets?

Again, the quickest/best way to get a cop to your location is to call 911, especially in such a situation as you described.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I haven't driven a white patrol car, but I've driven lots of white cars. Currently commute in one just about every day. Don't think there is anything "special" about cop car white paint that would make it more reflective, is there? You're still going to waste more of my gas running the A/C harder in a black car.

The DHS info is interesting, and is probably the root cause. More militarization of local police...

Yes, I've driven white and black patrol vehicles, and can tell you firsthand that it does make a difference...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I want one of those defender tahoes but the MPG is insanely low

The new Interceptor SUVs (technically not Explorers although they look just like one) are insanely better than the old Tahoes; but I have always been impressed at how well the latter handles being such a huge and heavy vehicle...

The new Fords also take a beating like no other police vehicle I have seen. It's one of the reasons they are so popular, the level of protection they afford officers is much higher than the Crown Vics or other vehicles.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Really? We get to pick and choose what laws we get to follow?

I guess you can, until you get caught.

Not every law should be followed. There have been many, many terrible laws throughout history.

So yes, I will pick which laws I follow.

MCA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Priddy, TX
    The new Interceptor SUVs (technically not Explorers although they look just like one) are insanely better than the old Tahoes; but I have always been impressed at how well the latter handles being such a huge and heavy vehicle...

The new Fords also take a beating like no other police vehicle I have seen. It's one of the reasons they are so popular, the level of protection they afford officers is much higher than the Crown Vics or other vehicles.
    Back in the 80's I was a member of a sports car club in New Hampshire. We used to run autocross on a local airport runway. The club also ran training for the area police using their Crown Vic's.

Several of the top guys in the club brought purpose built autocross cars in on trailers. I was told that earlier in the year the top police driver showed up at a regular autocross event and came in second place overall using his Crown Vic.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Really? We get to pick and choose what laws we get to follow? I guess you can, until you get caught.

Let's see here Bundy's got a BLM SWAT team plus more and damn near launched us into the Second American Revolution. Illegals rushing the border and wrecking all kinds of havoc on the American people at our dear leaders encouragement, that draws little to no law enforcement reaction.

Apparently y'all get to pick and choose which laws y'all are going to enforce.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Back in the 80's I was a member of a sports car club in New Hampshire. We used to run autocross on a local airport runway. The club also ran training for the area police using their Crown Vic's.

Several of the top guys in the club brought purpose built autocross cars in on trailers. I was told that earlier in the year the top police driver showed up at a regular autocross event and came in second place overall using his Crown Vic.

I've ridden on the SAPD test track with one of the instructor going full out, it is nothing short of amazing what they can do with that car despite being an early 1990s design.

But against one of the new modern Interceptor SUVs, smart money is on the Explorer. I've driven both back-to-back, and the difference is night and day, especially in the hands of an average driver.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    The whole "a/c=more gas" thing.

If the AC is on, the compressor is running. Unless the pressure build to the point that the HPS turns it off. That happens more if it is absorbing more heat from the air. That means that if its hotter, the compressor will be off more of the time in many cases.

Even then though, the difference between AC in a black car and AC in a white car will be just about immeasurable. I doubt the guy in the black car will have his AC on when the guy in the white car would have had it off.

Silly argument for color choice.
    High pressure will not cut off unless you have problems with the system.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Let's see here Bundy's got a BLM SWAT team plus more and damn near launched us into the Second American Revolution. Illegals rushing the border and wrecking all kinds of havoc on the American people at our dear leaders encouragement, that draws little to no law enforcement reaction.

Apparently y'all get to pick and choose which laws y'all are going to enforce.

Yes you should support The Bundy's who, unlike all their neighbors and everyone else on the planet, refuse to pay land rent, so are pretty much defrauding you and me, plus they attract people who later go on killing sprees in Vegas.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    At least the Bundys provide a service. Welfare queens do nothing but sit sit on ass, and you worry not about that money.

The Vegas killers was also told to leave the ranch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Yes you should support The Bundy's who, unlike all their neighbors and everyone else on the planet, refuse to pay land rent, so are pretty much defrauding you and me, plus they attract people who later go on killing sprees in Vegas.
    Clearly you miss my point.
    Both breaking the law, one gets action taken against them, the other gets a free pass.

Compare and contrast the two:
    American citizen (Bundy family) gets the hammer brought down on them for breaking a federal law.
    Others come here illegally, encouraged by our federal govt which is taking action against the family above for breaking the law.

Defrauding:
    Bundy family owes millions in fees.
    Illegals costs this nation 113-346 Billion each year depending which numbers you go with.

I wont waste time typing the names of the people who killed the officers, but they did indeed show up to the Bundy ranch, admitted to their past, and were sent on their way. Trying to tie their actions to what took place at the Bundy ranch is absurd.

Google or use whatever search engine you prefer and type in the phrase "illegal alien kills police officer".

Again, it's the selective enforcement that bothers me.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So, it's OK for one person to break the law but not others?

Invalid argument, no matter how you try to spin it.

And the next time you speed past a cop, I hope you're willing to do the right thing, stop and request a citation for your infraction. Otherwise, you're being a hypocrite about "selective enforcement."

By the way, if a person refuses to recognize the Federal government, doesn't that mean they reject all the rights it affords them? You can't have it both ways...

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Please quote where I said it's ok for one person to break the law but not others. I haven't.

Again it is the selective enforcement, and what makes it worse IMHO, is that they are choosing to come down on a US citizen while giving illegal aliens a pass.

I rarely speed because it is too expensive (gas, insurance, cost of ticket). The few times I have been pulled over for speeding, when the officer asks if I know why he pulled me over, I tell the truth. "I was speeding sir." Being polite and honest has worked in my favor more times than not.

Bundy's position or belief on the federal govt is irrelevant as far as the concern I am addressing. I just used him as an example.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's in response to the Bundy reference...

Secondly, considering that it was the BLM that "came down" (and rightfully so) on Bundy, and DHS and CBP that deal with the illegal immigration issue it is a matter of apples and oranges. He was breaking the law and the Federal government had every right to go after him about it. There is also a lot of effort being made to curtail the illegal immigration issue, so the claims of "selective enforcement" is what is irrelevant. Both are being addressed, clear and simple.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    By the way, if a person refuses to recognize the Federal government, doesn't that mean they reject all the rights it affords them? You can't have it both ways...

I guess you missed the "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights" part.....

.....Hint--the gov't ain't our our Creator.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You slept through eighth grade physics, didn't you?

The white car will need less cool air to keep the same interior temperature.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121226232750AAhJKka

The compressor runs the same whether the fan is on high or low. If that little AC light is on, the compressor is turned on.

If your gonna be a smart ass, try to know what your talking about.

Nice that you use such a credible source as "yahoo answers". Almost as foolproof as Wikipedia.

Top Bottom