• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Whenever it wants to my network adapter (I guess) just quits working. My wireless can't find networks even though my range extender is sitting right here. I can plug in a network cable and sometimes that quits working too. It's driving me crazy!!!
    Texas SOT

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Why did you upgrade? I only upgrade when there is a very compelling reason to do so. Don't see it with 8.1. Hell, when I first got the laptop we have running 8.0 I wanted to downgrade it to 7, but I got lazy.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Why did you upgrade? I only upgrade when there is a very compelling reason to do so. Don't see it with 8.1. Hell, when I first got the laptop we have running 8.0 I wanted to downgrade it to 7, but I got lazy.

I wanted to get a new computer when the kids moved out. Something they wouldn't load up with BS and something fast enough to play the one game I like.

I almost got a Windows 7 machine, now I'm wishing I had.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I bought my home PC with 8.0 and upgraded to 8.1 when it was available. I've never had any issues but I have a hardwired network out to the antenna which is microwave to my ISP.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Whenever it wants to my network adapter (I guess) just quits working. My wireless can't find networks even though my range extender is sitting right here. I can plug in a network cable and sometimes that quits working too. It's driving me crazy!!!

sorry me thinks you have hardware issues. My Asus zenbook running 8.1 gets excellent wifi connectivity well into the back yard, and so does my wifes acer inspire. We're running a netgear rangemax newer version as the wireless router. FYI, I did have a toshiba sattelite pos running 8.0 and 8.1 that had a weak wireless radio, that notebook is now retired.

I resisted the winblows 8.0, but 8.1 is decent.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Just curious... Who's your provider?

ziplinkinternet.com

Now you guys have made me curious... did you install MS Silverlight? I understand that is creating problems for some people. I researched it and decided to not install it on my PC.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Try scrolling over to the far right or bottom right and see if a screen rolls left to allow you to go to a gear to choose options. I'll have to dig around again to try and remember what I did to resolve these issues.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    ziplinkinternet.com

Now you guys have made me curious... did you install MS Silverlight? I understand that is creating problems for some people. I researched it and decided to not install it on my PC.

I have the same type of service where I am. I can't get it at my house though. I had them put the radio (what they call it) on my neighbor's roof and I have a wireless router in a waterproof box that gets the signal to my house. Then I use an extender to get it to where I use it.

Top Bottom