Capitol Armory ad

Where to go on 4 day weekend? Anybody familiar with Marfa area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Verdict is reached and M. Sage kicked my ass in skeet, was fun though. Wife snapped these.

4257673c-f6dc-38f5.jpg

4257673c-f6fb-c3da.jpg

4257673c-0078-fc99.jpg

I wouldn't say "kicked your ass". I was shooting around 50%, and still have a lot to learn. But still better than I was last time - I was breaking 'em from station 4 (finally). The autoloader vs pump definitely was a help on pairs. ;)
    Military Camp

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Try sporting clays. I think it's more fun.

It's like golf with a shotgun. You have 10 to 20 stations / holes. Each has a different layout, and different shot angle: rolling across the ground, crossing left, crossing right, toward you, away from you, straight up, dropping over trees into you, etc.

It's pretty cool. $35 a round here locally.

Don't know if it's available here locally. Some ranges might not be cool with me shooting clays at their ranges because my shotgun could offend the sensibilities of some purists. I'm using my 3 gun tacticool SLP Mk 1...

I'll look into it, though. Breaking clays is fun, and anything I can do to get better with my shotgun is always welcome.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I wouldn't say "kicked your ass". I was shooting around 50%, and still have a lot to learn. But still better than I was last time - I was breaking 'em from station 4 (finally). The autoloader vs pump definitely was a help on pairs. ;)

I know I shot better than that last time I went, and after shooting your semi auto you've got me itchin lol. Father in law just got a new Weatherby SA-08 for bird hunting so hopefully I'll get to try that out.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think it's Winchester and Browning both have hunting-oriented versions of my shotgun. IIRC, it's the SX-2 and Browning Silver. And I think they come without that big cantilever M1913 mount that acts kind of like a rear sight.

The SLP ran me $1100.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'll look into it, need to learn more about shotguns anyways like I said earlier I haven't a clue about different choke options other than they affect patterns and what not.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'll look into it, need to learn more about shotguns anyways like I said earlier I haven't a clue about different choke options other than they affect patterns and what not.

AFAIK, that's about all they do. There are a ton of chokes out there, and the "better" ones are supposed to throw more even patterns, but I have no idea if that's true. When my game is on, I can run with the guys whose shotguns are all tricked out (with the high end extended chokes) at 3 gun.

Top Bottom