Target Sports

Where to go on 4 day weekend? Anybody familiar with Marfa area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    National parks mean people IMO. If I had to, I'd drive my ass out to the Gila National Wilderness (in NM) and spend a couple days there. Sleeping under the stars is awesome. You can see them all in the Gila, and even watch satellites go by as you're drifting off to sleep.

Yeah. That's nice. But you need a lot more than 4 days to do that right. And you ain't anywhere close. That's two solid days on the road. I guess you get a cabin on Lake Roberts for 2 days and hit the catwalk or the cliff dwellings.
    Gun Zone Deals

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    4 days off. Just get in the car and drive and se where you end up.

I like it. This is my favorite vacation.

Brenham - Blue Bell Factory.

Independence, TX - historical sites including original site of Baylor U, and Sam Houston's baptism site.

Washington on the Brazos, TX - birthplace of Texas. Awesome park there.

Shiner - Shiner Brewery

Gonzalez - "Come and Take it!"

Goliad - Fannin Memorial & the old fort

Fannin, TX - McMillans BBQ

Lots of TX history sites in that area, and lots of camping spots along the way too.

Check Out the TDPW site.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah. That's nice. But you need a lot more than 4 days to do that right. And you ain't anywhere close. That's two solid days on the road. I guess you get a cabin on Lake Roberts for 2 days and hit the catwalk or the cliff dwellings.

I've been there three times now. Was there last fall, going again in November.

Cabin? Hell no, I'd wander down to Alum Camp. Going down with two days' supplies would be light, compared to the week that I usually spend.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I decided that my camping gear isn't together, and I don't want to deal with getting it all ready to go in a big rush. So I'm going to do "4 days, 4 bulk packs". :p

Anybody want to go shooting?

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I decided that my camping gear isn't together, and I don't want to deal with getting it all ready to go in a big rush. So I'm going to do "4 days, 4 bulk packs". :p

Anybody want to go shooting?

I get off at 3 on Saturday and I'm off on Sunday, mother in law is coming into town but post up when and where you're heading and I might make it out.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    No honestly I've only shot skeet about 3-4 times total but the last time was at a range they had on Camp Pendleton a little less than a year ago, would love to get into it more though.

A couple pics from the last time, had a blast, also picked up a belt clip shell box holder because I tried a buddy's and thought it was great, they're about $10 if you want me to snag you one from work.

425764a6-4c9f-c2cd.jpg

425764a6-4cb9-8123.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Will do! Might even get a couple rounds of skeet in this weekend. I've only shot a couple, but they were fun.

Try sporting clays. I think it's more fun.

It's like golf with a shotgun. You have 10 to 20 stations / holes. Each has a different layout, and different shot angle: rolling across the ground, crossing left, crossing right, toward you, away from you, straight up, dropping over trees into you, etc.

It's pretty cool. $35 a round here locally.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Does anyone know where I can go camping and plink around? Been looking for a spot to do that and be isolated enough to target shoot.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom