• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    Stainless .41 Magnum Ruger Redhawk, 5 1/2" barrel, factory wood grips. The beast weighed about 7 pounds empty, but you could shoot as long as you could support the thing, because there wasn't much felt recoil coming back from that heavy chunk of stainless steel. I bought it used and foolishly sold it when I thought I needed a couple hundred bucks more than I needed that gun. One day I might track down another one just for the nostalgia.

TennisFreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Bought my first 2 at the same time:
    Glock 27 Gen 3 .40 caliber
    Taurus 738 TCP .380 caliber

The Glock is for my inside the waistband every day concealed carry.
    The Taurus is when I am wearing something that wont conceal the Glock and I need something to put in my pocket.

MR2Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Austin, TX
    My first pistol is a Ruger Mark III, in .22LR.

gun.jpg

It seems like an excellent piece of kit. Cheap to shoot, light recoil, nice and heavy, and it looks pretty nice in the stainless steel finish.

It's a pain in the neck to clean, though, compared to my Glock.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i got a 9 millimeter highpoint C-9.

was a good pistol while i had it. especially for 100 bucks. especially since it accepted the larger capacity mags for the highpoint carbine.

also i got a jennings j-22 on texas gun trader for 75 bucks UPS'd to my door the same week. i bought it first but it got there second. it was a piece of shit. would keyhole at 3 yards - i traded it off about 6 months later.

i had the highpoint for about a year and a half. it was fairly accurate and never jammed or failed to feed - even after 1000+ rounds.

kind of wish i had't sold it off.

jtyler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    A Property of US Army 1911a1 inheerited from a step grandfather. Foolishly needed to make a house payment for my mother and let it go. It was a fine shooting gun and instilled a love for the platform

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Colt MK IV Series 80 Officer 45 ACP Lightweight. Bought it when I was 21 and went and got CHL with it back in 1996.

was stolen from my house 3 years ago along with all my other guns I've collected over the years. This gun is the one I miss most though.

Z0Tex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Mine was a Browning Hi Power in silver chrome finish. Much like this one:

tjmvB.jpg

It was a gift from my father. I later traded it back to him for a Walther P99AS in 9mm. The P99AS is still my favorite handgun, even though my collection has grown considerably over the past 4 years or so.

DSC_0006.jpg

Bear67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    East Texas
    Right at 56 years ago, I was driving tractors for other farmers for six bits an hour (remember minimum wage at four bits an hour, so I was skilled labor at this rate and often worked 70-80 hours a week when cultivating and hay season was in swing) and I owned a truck, boat, motor, rifles,shotguns that I had purchased. I bought a 1918 build of a Colt Govt 1911 for $35. I still have it BTW. Then I traded a Stevens shotgun for an early Ruger .22 revolver. Then I picked up a HiPower for a price, I don't even remember. I hate to say that I only have the .45 left of those 3. I am not owning up to how many handguns I have owned over the years or how many I own today, but it is not enough.

An ex brother in law once asked me "just how many guns does a man need?". And my answer then and now is "just one more!"

Top Bottom