• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    austin
    One of the early Remington Targetmasters. I and ten brothers and sisters learned how to shoot with that old thing. My younger brother has it. He said he took a turkey with it this past fall.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I too had a Nylon 66. Great little gun. I now wish I hadn't sold it all those years ago. Perhaps, like you, I'll pick up another one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It crazy what those guns are going for now. I have seen them well over $300. Lots of guys who now have some cash want to reconnect with their childhood, and many are willing to pay big $ to do it.

A buddy had his stolen, and I wanted to buy him one for his birthday to surprise him. Well, the surprise was on me. $260 for the one just like we used to hunt with. I don't like him THAT much...

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    It crazy what those guns are going for now. I have seen them well over $300. Lots of guys who now have some cash want to reconnect with their childhood, and many are willing to pay big $ to do it.

A buddy had his stolen, and I wanted to buy him one for his birthday to surprise him. Well, the surprise was on me. $260 for the one just like we used to hunt with. I don't like him THAT much...

Wow. I hadn't considered buying another one until I read this thread. Revisiting my childhood isn't worth that much!

zentanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    First owned, or first fired? First owned was a Feather AT-22 or TEC-22. Not sure which I bought first. First fired was for sure a Nylon 66.

skeath

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    McKinney
    A bolt action .22 rifle, bought at Montgomery Ward about 1935. It was my grandfather's, and the one I learned to shoot on about 1955. I still have it, and it still works. Next week it will be joined by a S&W 15/22.

SK

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    The first one I bought with my own money was a Marlin Model 60. The first I ever shot, and shot quite a bit, was a old Stevens single shot and a Remington rolling block that my great grandmother would let me shoot. She'd give me and a cousin a Mason jar full of shorts and let us shoot cans from the porch...........The one I spent the most time shooting was a Winchester 72a my dad had and passed to me. Sorry-assed brother borrowed it and lost it at a pawnshop.

Toolfreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    Allen Texas
    My first time I shot a rimfire gun was when I was 10 years old with my dad in east texas and I had so much fun with the Stevens Savage 87H. My dad had that gun until he passed years ago and I have had it for almost 40 years. I finally brought it out of retirement about a year ago and now I am 60 and its just as much fun now except it will be shot many more times before I pass it down to my grandson or grand daughter!!!
    Toolfreak

toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    I learned to shoot using my uncle's Nylon 66. The first .22 I bought was either a Ruger 10/22 or an Erma .22 M1 carbine clone. I don't remember for sure which came first.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    My first was given to me by my father, a Winchester 1909 pump action 22lr. But the first new gun I bought for myself, I bought when I was 14, maybe 15, and I still have it today. A Ruger 10/22 in 1965

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom