• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkillebrew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Austin
    When I was in the hospital, the kind they don't allow computers at, I read Bram Stroker's Dracula and Plato's Republic, and got a good head start on Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, which is a real chore considering the language used. It really was a good break from the technical books, but no less dry at times. Especially Kant, which requires, at least for me, total emersion to understand. Not really reading, but a series of lectures with notes provided that may be of interest is the TTC series Civil Liberties and the Bill of Rights. Again, not something you can just passively listen to while multitasking if you wish to gain anything from it.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    I'm re-reading "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" because of all the controversy recently around the republishing and removal of the "n-word" (story on recent edition of 60 Minutes). It is banned from most public schools due to that language. What a great book as originally written. To censor it is un-American.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    William Johnstone "the last gunfighter" series Just finished Jubal Sackett by Louis L'Amore. I highly recommend it.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    William Johnstone "the last gunfighter" series Just finished Jubal Sackett by Louis L'Amore. I highly recommend it.
    Been piecing together his Ashes series, for a few years now, will move on to the gunfighter series when I get it done. I enjoy how he writes, to bad he died a few years back.

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    Reading Ghost Recon by David Michaels. Yes it's the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon and no it's not a video game book. It was suprisingly gritty, shows how Fubar things can get even for a fictional Spec Ops team. Definately no ra-ra were the baddest in the valley, it was pretty down and dirty.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I am in the middle of a great book by Jerry Kunhausen about the 1911, good stuff but more of a reference manual than casual reading. I also frequently have my nose buried in reloading manuals and the latest issues of guns n ammo.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Yesterday I was reading from a Caterpillar D6R service manual.
    Today im reading the "Classic" 4840 Deere parts book.
    Not much to discuss other than a bunch of numbers and procedures.
    I almost forgot, last night I read a Mega Garage sale sign down the street. Found a whole basket of ammo in there for $5... Two boxes of 9mm 9mm target, one box of 9mm defense ammo and all kinds of shot shells for $5 bucks. Im going to start reading more of the garage sale signs as thats a good score for me.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Been piecing together his Ashes series, for a few years now, will move on to the gunfighter series when I get it done. I enjoy how he writes, to bad he died a few years back.
    I read all his Ashes series many years ago, they were a fun read as with most all of his stuff until he died.
    Now from what I have heard his nephew is writing most of what is left of his outlines and notes.
    Right now I am reading Lee Childs Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher series).

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Yesterday I was reading from a Caterpillar D6R service manual.
    Today im reading the "Classic" 4840 Deere parts book.
    Not much to discuss other than a bunch of numbers and procedures.
    I almost forgot, last night I read a Mega Garage sale sign down the street. Found a whole basket of ammo in there for $5... Two boxes of 9mm 9mm target, one box of 9mm defense ammo and all kinds of shot shells for $5 bucks. Im going to start reading more of the garage sale signs as thats a good score for me.
    Yep, I read the pawn shop signs too.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tray81
    Top Bottom