• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Texascop2 mentioned The Gift of Fear in another thread and it got me to wondering what everyone out there is reading.

Currently I'm reading The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan, it's book 5 in the Wheel of Time series. After that I've already got The Revolution - A Manifesto by Ron Paul, then Lord of Chaos which is Robert Jordan's sixth book in his epic series.
    Gun Zone Deals

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Someone asked this a few months ago, and my answer is the same... more Cormac Mccarthy. I've been picking at it slowly, but I'm pacing myself, so I don't run out of it too soon.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Texascop2 mentioned The Gift of Fear in another thread and it got me to wondering what everyone out there is reading.

Currently I'm reading The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan, it's book 5 in the Wheel of Time series. After that I've already got The Revolution - A Manifesto by Ron Paul, then Lord of Chaos which is Robert Jordan's sixth book in his epic series.
    Good time to read WoT as the last two books are coming out this and next year. I started the series back in 1993 before I'd met my wife. I had no idea that the book would be a series of 14 books and that it'd take 18 years to publish all of them and the author would die before the series was completed.

If I'd known I'd have put it down and walked away back in 1993. I feel sorry for those that started 1990 with the first book. The fans keep building though and it's a great series.

Amazing what has happened those 17 years from when I first picked them up.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I just finished "Joker One" by Donovan Campbell and "Force Recon Diary 1969" by Bruce Norton.

I was never able to serve in the Armed Services myself and I find myself interested in books from a soldiers POV rather then straight historical accounts.

And sorry Texas1911, there were no pop ups!!

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    I just finished Lee Child's latest book, 61 hours. If you enjoy gunfire, ass-kicking, gratuitious gun shot wounds, suspense, and more gunfire, I recommend the Jack Reacher series. Also just finished Glenn Beck's The Overton Window. If you listen to his radio program or watch his show, you will follow the story easily. An all around entertaining and enlightening read.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Trying to piece together my William Johnstone series, the Ashes and last gunfighter stuff is good. Vince Flynn has a new one coming out soon.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    See some familiar titles here, I remember reading the Mack Bolan series several years ago... good pulp fiction type of read, and I wasnt aware there was a new Reacher book out, Lee Child created an interesting charecter there. I also read the Wheel of Time series about 15 years ago, got through book 6 or 7 and then got burned out. I am reading The Survivors Club and On Killing right now....

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I am reading The Survivors Club and On Killing right now....
    "On Killing" is excellent.....Grossman is an amazing individual.

I also recommend "And a hard rain fell..." by John Ketwig. He is a liberal activist whom I met about 25 years ago and have kept in touch with ever since. We completely disagree on politics, but his book, which is an account of his tour in Vietnam is great.

Oh... I am currently reading "Mandate for Leadership"

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I finished The Fires of Heaven last night and the ending was so strong that I've opted to skip Ron Paul's book (for now) and go right to Lord of Chaos, the next book in the Wheel of Time series. What a great series! Robert Jordan was truly a master of his craft. The first chapter of Lord of Chaos is frickin' 72 pages long. >_<

Top Bottom