• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I'm gonna need a pilot's license if we get land much further out than Gatesville.
    Just saying....

Tapatalk sent it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I played enough X plane mobile flight simulator to where I feel I can fly a plane, but I need someone to loan me a Cessna or a Piper

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I played enough X plane mobile flight simulator to where I feel I can fly a plane, but I need someone to loan me a Cessna or a Piper

Dude. You just pinged all the dot gov watch lists with that one!!! Lol

Tapatalk sent it.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    I'm still interested in this topic. My wife got a lot more interested when I started talking about property in the Brazos Valley area.

The retirement goal is to have a respectable piece of land within 30-45 min of A&M. If we could shoot on it from now until retirement, that'd just be bonus.

In terms of that 60 acres in huntsville, it's an odd shape. Only 1,300 feet from fence line to fence line. The plus(?) side is that there's nothing but Turkey Creek, Huntsville State Park & an old cemetery behind it, but it'd take a good bit of timber clearing to get a range put together on that property.
    Probably better to let someone turn it into a subdivision like they intended.
    land.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    If you are referring to Ben's acerage link in post 14, Hunstville State Park is no where near it. And I don't recall seeing Turkey Creek in the area (of Ben's link) either. But hey, I just drive past that property regularly so what do I know? ;-)

Gimme some of what you're smokin

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    If you are referring to Ben's acerage link in post 14, Hunstville State Park is no where near it. And I don't recall seeing Turkey Creek in the area (of Ben's link) either. But hey, I just drive past that property regularly so what do I know? ;-)

Gimme some of what you're smokin
    I just looked at the map at the bottom of this webpage.
    http://search.har.com/engine/60-Ac-Fm-980-Huntsville-TX-77340_HAR57270194.htm
    The map at the bottom shows that the land is on Ball rd just off Possum Walk Rd and is west of the Park. Maybe we're not looking at the same thing?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I see what you did and no, they don't match. It's an incorrect listing issue IMO. The site you reference is not on FM 980.
    In the picture gallery click pic #3 and that will show you where I'm talking about and where I thought Ben was talking about.
    I paid particular attention last week to the area looking for realtor signs but didn't notice any. However they just finished running new water lines in the area so that could be the reason.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Don't y'all get hung up on the link I posted. I've used har.com enough to know that there are plenty of errors in it. The link was only meant to show that with some searching, land could be found. Throw in your own parameters, do a map search within easy driving distance of where you live, and see what you can find. You might be surprised at what's for sale out there.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have been looking for property for about 2 yrs. now & not had much luck.

I wonder what insurance would cost on the endeavor you are trying to do?

Top Bottom