• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    If I pay $200k for a car, it damn sure won’t be a Chevy. The front engine rear drive V8 was an icon that was priced where just about any Joe could own one if he wanted to. They’ve gone mid engine exotic now and doubtful most “handy“ guys can work on them. For the money and the probably forced dealer maintenance, I’d go with a Porsche and probably still have enough left over to buy a beater to drive on rainy days

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If I pay $200k for a car, it damn sure won’t be a Chevy. The front engine rear drive V8 was an icon that was priced where just about any Joe could own one if he wanted to. They’ve gone mid engine exotic now and doubtful most “handy“ guys can work on them. For the money and the probably forced dealer maintenance, I’d go with a Porsche and probably still have enough left over to buy a beater to drive on rainy days

Yeah, before they went mid-engine, I had my boy in a Chevy dealership looking at new cars. They had a blacked out Corvette in the show room he called the Batmobile (he was, IIRC 5 or 6) and it had a 95k sticker price on it. Hard pass.

I don't do sports cars anway, they're all too damned low to the ground for me. I hate climbing down, and then climbing out of cars. Bad back / bad hips. My minivan is the perfect height. Its not cool, but its utilitarian and comfortable.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yeah, before they went mid-engine, I had my boy in a Chevy dealership looking at new cars. They had a blacked out Corvette in the show room he called the Batmobile (he was, IIRC 5 or 6) and it had a 95k sticker price on it. Hard pass.

I don't do sports cars anway, they're all too damned low to the ground for me. I hate climbing down, and then climbing out of cars. Bad back / bad hips. My minivan is the perfect height. Its not cool, but its utilitarian and comfortable.
    Hang in there. Maybe Chrysler will offer an SRT Pacifica before they move it all to plug.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    A new Porsche Turbo is going to start at $175k.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    1969 I took my road test in a friends 1968, 427, 4 speed Corvette. It was the first year of the Mako Shark. I was pretty hot stuff driving that car. The guy who gave me the test couldn't open the door from the inside, had to help him. Last year a buddy of mine let me drive his C-7, that car has paddle shifters. Had a launch control system, bad ass!

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hang in there. Maybe Chrysler will offer an SRT Pacifica before they move it all to plug.

They already did that :roflfunny:

:roflfunny:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Then who has availability?

We have been doing this most of COVID? I have bought lots of stuff direct from mfg, no discount but they have it and dealers do not.
    I’m not sure I’m following. Are you suggesting that there is less supply only because the dealerships aren’t ordering vehicles?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I’m not sure I’m following. Are you suggesting that there is less supply only because the dealerships aren’t ordering vehicles?
    Your original statement was that, “I don’t think most people want to order a vehicle directly from the manufacture”

I am suggesting folks will certainly buy if the price is much cheaper. If it is not cheaper, they will move on to other buying criteria, such as who has the specific model they want in stock for quickest delivery.

If buying a car was as easy as buying from Amazon, most would do it.

Imagine if I could go to Chevrolet website, select Corvette, option it out - Z06, Red, etc, it then shows price and delivery date and offers “buy now”. Yeah that is exactly what I want. You can do it for other products (and Teslas), we need to be able to do it for other cars too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom