• Status
    Not open for further replies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Now all you have to do is figure out how to make those that don't want to listen to reason, listen. Good luck not being dismissed out of hand.

That’s okay; I dismiss their positions out of hand. In fact, with their zealotry, I fear many of them are in need of mental health treatment.

I don’t deal with crazies.

IT4me

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    By the River, under a tree
    I think the "high capacity" magazine thing is way overdone. It takes only seconds to drop an AR mag. and shove another one in. How is having mag. restrictions going to really impact some crazy SOB if he wants to start shooting people? Three ten round mags can be fired almost as quickly as one thirty round mag.

Except if you have to use the California "bullet Button" where the mag release is replaced with one that requires a pointed object to operate i.e. a bullet to depress the recessed button. Was intended to greatly slow down mag change times ( and did)

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    New Jersey Gun Owners storing their standard capacity magazines in a centralized vault

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/09/nj-...agazines-in-a-steel-vault.html?outputType=amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen that too. What indoctrinated fools. By and large I am betting that most of those clients have never had a run in with LE beyond a traffic ticket and definitely have never had LE at their house for any reason. But all of a sudden, police are coming to their door looking for illegal mags.

If I recall correctly, one of the ladies in the article stated that she had 10... Yes! 10 mags she is storing there. :banghead:

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Seen that too. What indoctrinated fools. By and large I am betting that most of those clients have never had a run in with LE beyond a traffic ticket and definitely have never had LE at their house for any reason. But all of a sudden, police are coming to their door looking for illegal mags.

If I recall correctly, one of the ladies in the article stated that she had 10... Yes! 10 mags she is storing there. :banghead:

Most gun owners are law abiding people, even if the law is stupid.

Thankfully our founders weren’t law abiding.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    New Jersey Gun Owners storing their standard capacity magazines in a centralized vault

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/09/nj-...agazines-in-a-steel-vault.html?outputType=amp

9700216e6bb400d3467edba5ddd874e3.jpg

Attachments

• 9700216e6bb400d3467edba5ddd874e3.jpg
      9700216e6bb400d3467edba5ddd874e3.jpg
      36.3 KB · Views: 289

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Most gun owners are law abiding people, even if the law is stupid.

Thankfully our founders weren’t law abiding.
    For the most part they were, they just believed that some laws are higher than others, and others have no force. You can make laws against being kind to someone all day, but that doesn't have any moral relevance if you see a person in need.

Edited by YG

Last edited by a moderator:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    There are at least 393 MILLION firearms in civilian hands in the USA. Less than 16,000 of those were used in murders, or 0.004071%. And that number is even lower if we take out multiple uses of the same firearms... But my point is that statistics draw, imho, PLENTY of distinction between the 392,084,000 NON-criminally used firearms and the +-16,000 that were criminally used. If that's not a big enough distinction, I don't know what would be.

Likewise, about 30% of Americans own firearms, or about 98,100,000 people. If you take ALL instances of gun violence, INCLUDING suicides (which I don't think is right, but I will for the sake of trying to make the #s look more 'severe' for arguments sake)but not including verified self defense and LEO use, that's 0.0061036 % of those owners were involved in gun violence.

No matter how you look at it, those numbers point to the fact that guns, and gun owners, are NOT the problem. The problem is that too few people understand statistics and are unwilling to accept reality.

People buy lottery tickets, don't they?

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    For the most part they were, they just believed that some laws are higher than others, and others have no force. You can make laws against being kind to someone all day, but that doesn't have any moral relevance if you see a person in need.

Edited by YG

Religious discussions are not allowed per forum rules.

Please the the code of conduct in the Forum Rules section for more info.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom