Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sorry, if you have been paying attention, you know that you cannot get anything that even REMINDS you of a gun, not even anything SHAPED like a gun.

It appears you weren’t paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It was a joke. Can you imagine floating the idea of mandatory firearms training in school? M4s for everyone? That’s going the opposite way of what they (people who cry “do something!”) want. Minds would be blown if that’s what we come at them with.
    I'm gonna say it would be a good idea to float it. Any time you bargain at a table you should ask for more than your baseline...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm gonna say it would be a good idea to float it. Any time you bargain at a table you should ask for more than your baseline...

Just to make sure we’re on the same page...we’ve wiped away all your ideas about locking up mags and double locks, 2 keys, rally points, and whatever else was there and are now pushing for free rifles and firearms training in all public schools.

Right?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Just to make sure we’re on the same page...we’ve wiped away all your ideas about locking up mags and double locks, 2 keys, rally points, and whatever else was there and are now pushing for free rifles and firearms training in all public schools.

Right?
    I floated some ideas that friends of mine have discussed, I don't want to lock my mags up nuclear style any more than you do. And yes, I'd say if we're going to have a legislative discussion, bargain for that training, for sure. My whole point was to bring up a discussion about what options we have for legislative negotiation.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I floated some ideas that friends of mine have discussed, I don't want to lock my mags up nuclear style any more than you do. And yes, I'd say if we're going to have a legislative discussion, bargain for that training, for sure. My whole point was to bring up a discussion about what options we have for legislative negotiation.

My options don’t include my magazines going anywhere.

Also, you need to work more on influencing your friends and not letting them influence you towards emotionally satisfying yet counterproductive ideas.

It seems your “friends” have outsmarted you. Or your not all that concerned with the second amendment and are here hoping to sway 2A supporters and get them to begin accepting anti-2A legislation.

That said, if their plan is to lock up my personal property then my counter is to wipe away that plan, teach gun safety in school, and issue M4 carbines and mags to almost every US citizen 17 and older while still maintaining the right to purchase any other firearm they choose and carry where they wish in order to defend against the tiny minority of mentally unstable murderers.

My plan would actually save lives. Yours would just reduce the chances of stopping the shooter quickly.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Yet, like all the anti-gun types - he keeps pushing for not so concealed gun control while pretending he's pro-gun or has been turned by the anti-gun agenda......thinking surrender thoughts of 'if I can't beat em, I might as well join em'

Ugh!

You've been outed.

Admit it, you're working a gun control/anti-gun agenda.

J-gunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Northlake, TX
    After the scary mags are locked up safely, fists are pumped, backs are patted, the warm and fuzzy feelings are flowing, and another deranged person inevitably decides to shoot a bunch of people, what then?

The day(s) when the actions of evil, possessed people are treated as more important than the natural rights of the individual, that is and will be the tragedy of our lifetime. A neutered society will never be a safe society.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The day(s) when the actions of evil, possessed people are treated as more important than the natural rights of the individual, that is and will be the tragedy of our lifetime. A neutered society will never be a safe society.
    Are you saying Mexico isn't safe?

IT4me

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2019
    By the River, under a tree
    Isn't this sorta what England did? force membership in a "club' to own a gun. Then guns must be stored at the club, Now sponsors required to join a club. And finally membership & activity at sanctioned club events for years Before you can request permission to purchase a gun?

What's next, NHRA membership to buy a camero, subscription to the cooking channel to get a pointy knife?

After all its for "The Children"
    Where does society's responsibility to protect one from harm end? and self accountability begin

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I think we should all be forced to use rubber forks, knives, and spoons. Too much potential for accidents or even dangerous malicious behavior toward other diners would be prevented. It's for our own good and should be manditory, not voluntary. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT EAT WITH IMPLEMENTS OF DESTRUCTION ! So there !

J-gunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2019
    Northlake, TX
    Are you saying Mexico isn't safe?

I'm saying that while mass murder events happen and will continue to happen frequently in all parts of the world, the same can't be said about events of self-defense unfortunately. The fact that the majority of Americans (and even some here on this very forum) are so willing to eschew responsibility for their own self-preservation makes me sad for our future as a nation and for our children. So yes, I'm saying Mexico isn't safe.

Reactions: gll

Agentgruer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2019
    Celina
    You don’t need to go outside the US for this. Chicago has been Democrat for a long time, pushed their BS laws and still can’t stop the gangs and murders. Portland lets little boys and girls run around bashing people with bike locks and hammers and prevent the police from arresting them. I would look to our cities as what the US will look like once urbans get full power.

Mexico is the perfect example of what the US will be like after the Democrats force all their gun control agendas on us. Rule by corrupt gov and gangs with the people having no power. Murder rates through the roof.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Interesting discussion. I agree with the overall premise that gun laws are going to be strengthened, so being proactive and suggesting some real solutions is better than just saying "no, no no" and having unrealistic policies rammed down our throats. I do not agree with unrealistic restrictions that will do nothing, and I am not giving up my guns. That being said I think there are some realistic things that could be done. One is restricting the private sale loop hole by simply making it so that a private sale transfer must take place at an FFL who does the currently required background check on the buyer. The FFL would of course charge a fee for the service. This would have some benefits to the seller as well. I have some guns I do not use anymore and would like to sell them, but private selling them to anyone scares the crap out of me. This is not a complete solution, as illegal transfers can and will occur. However this regulation would be something I could live with, but I will probably get skewered for suggesting it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom