Gun Zone Deals

Things you read or hear that make you mad.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    They don't know and don't care. They have an agenda to press and if it makes no sense, who cares?

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
    DK Firearms

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    It bugs me when newscasters act as if automobiles have a mind of their own: "An SUV crashed into a telephone pole injuring 3 passengers and the driver". Dammit, the driver crashed the SUV into the pole, it didn't drive itself.

Another, is the misuse of the word 'bring". "Manny crashed into a telephone pole. We should bring him to the hospital." Dammit, it's "take him to the hospital". You hear that a lot these days. Probably because the PC crowd thinks the word "take" has bad connotations.
    "Bobby, we don't take things that don't belong to us". (Bobby thinking) Okay, so I'll just bring it with me then.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Modern day progressives who claim to be liberty minded. Related to guns they usually start with, "I support the 2A, but/and..."

If you have to tell me you support 2A then you probably don't What that saying? If you have tell someone you're a lady?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Dude" and "Awesome" are the ugly first cousins to the overused word "Like".

I've listened to some dimwits that can't speak a complete sentence without including at least 2 of the 3 itemized above.

Airheads aren't restricted to high school girls.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    "Libtard"

Really demonstrates the ignorance and immaturity of the user.

It pretty much negates any point they are trying to make.

Usually used when the person has been intellectually defeated.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Here is something I often hear from media and politicians "gun clips" ...
    I cringed in pain when I recently watched a youtube video of a young Olympian explaining her sport. She was a biathlete and she made multiple references to "clips" instead of "magazines" and "bullets" instead of "cartridges".

So sad.

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Chill is another misused legitimate word, but hey maaaaaaaan.

I can't use adult words and simply say 'relax'.

Like it wouldn't be coo-whul.

Man.

I like sounding brain dead, man, it's like ....what was I saying?

Pass me the doobie dude cuz you're like bogarting it...dude.

Job?

I don't need no stinking job man, my parents need looking after so I do what I have to be righteous by them, live in their basement and use their money to help me help them, cool?

Yeah man, way cool.

Occupy Wall Street?

Nah, occupy their basement, dude, like chill and I can hold this smoke in my lungs longerenanybody.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    013208fbdb9b003461928b4ba67f0d18.jpg

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    MH,

Live in your parents basement?

Use words like 'chill', 'dude' 'awesome' and so on?

Or, am I way off base?

Like, you're just being silly?

Fact is, I had a BIL who lived with his parents and their financial generosity until he hit 45/46 and finally moved out. Got a job, even got married for a short time.

Two years later he shot himself in the heart with a .357 magnum. His decaying body wasn't found for about a week.

Sad ending.

Parents who allow/encourage their grown children to stay with them do them no favors...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OT Warning

...I had a BIL who lived with his parents and their financial generosity until he hit 45/46...

...he shot himself...
    People who stay with their parents that long, who have no in-built desire for independence or achievement, are, in my opinion, mentally ill. I can't say if it's simply long-term, untreated depression or something else, but I know of two other cases like you describe. One ended in suicide, the other is still ongoing but his family pretty much accepts that one day he'll kill himself.

If you know one case and I know two, I wonder how many more are out there? "Far more than anyone suspects" would be my guess.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ben,

Parents who encourage their offspring to stay home, never become independent, sadden me, as I know good things won't come of it.

Help a grown son or daughter if life deals them a tough hand after they've left the nest and you can help, sure.

However, this help has time limits.

At this point, I have a first cousin whose marriage failed after a few years and she moved back in with Mom. Dad had died a long time ago.

Now, said cousin is edging into her sixties and has never again ventured out of the home with Mom. Her Mother, is very old and has provided my cousin her excuse for living like a spinster.

If Mom, had told her get off your ass and make a life for yourself outside this house, she'd probably have done so.

Her Mother did her no favors by letting her wounded grown child suck her tit into perpetuity.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Live in your parents basement?

My Father and I fought in the basement of our house and I took a knife to him. I put the 1956 Ford that my Uncle Al gave me, in tip top shape and blew off my boyhood Chicago home at 17. I couldn't wait to get the Hell out of there! Looking back, I returned for a visit once or twice but stayed gone.

As to the OP, it pisses me off to see how kids are pampered today and to still hear them complain when they've never known any hardship in their entire lives.

Flash

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    GHG,

I'm not singularly picking you out, but 'lol' is a particularly egregious example of the many over used excrement studded non-words that, sorry chum, makes the invoker sounds like a not very imaginative child i.e. dull.

Honestly, this particular piece of word excreta is used by the very uninspired.

If anyone posts this bit of crapulence, they should be hit in the nuts, with all due respect, immediately after posting it.

In emergencies, they may have to do this themselves if no one is around to help them.

'lol', yes we know it means: laughing out loud

Deep

All right, if no one is around to belt you in the nuts (whoever you may be) if you're tempted to use this bit of word flatulence, run out of your abode as quickly as possible and run into a (preferably) concrete wall until the use of "lol" is something you'd never do again.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If "lol" is the best you can do, by all means use it.

Obviously, you're not easily embarrassed with having to make do with a limited vocabulary.

I admire your strength.

Top Bottom