• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I grew up in the north and our collie could not stand to be in the house more that 5 minutes. In the winter, he would lay in the backyard and let the snow completely cover him up even thought he had a nice dog shelter with bed inside the garage.

AustinN4,

When I was stationed in northern VA, I was CONSTANTLY harassed by county animal control because I didn't own a doghouse for my chow-chow bitch to stay in when it was "cold outside".
    Finally, the animal warden GAVE me a HEATED doghouse, so Lady Diana "won't get cold".

Two days later, I called him & asked him to come out to my place. - He arrived & found my dog SOUND ASLEEP on top of the doghouse & in about a FOOT of snow.
    (I never heard another word from the county about my dog being out in the snow.)

ALL that Darla & I ask of "government" is to be LEFT ALONE to do as we wish, as long as we hurt nobody else.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    satx78247,

What do you think the reason for the law is?

ZX9RCAM,

Frankly, I believe that the PA government is "kow-towing to" the MORON LEFT's "splinter group" of "animal rights idiots" & FAILING to simply "tend to their own business".
    (Animals have NO RIGHTS, as they are unable to enjoy them. - Even claiming that NON-HUMANS have RIGHTS is patently ABSURD.)

yours, satx

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ZX9RCAM,

Frankly, I believe that the PA government is "kow-towing to" the MORON LEFT's "splinter group" of "animal rights idiots" & FAILING to simply "tend to their own business".
    (Animals have NO RIGHTS, as they are unable to enjoy them. - Even claiming that NON-HUMANS have RIGHTS is patently ABSURD.)

yours, satx

You might very well be correct.

I'll also point out that to me your comment in parentheses makes it sound as if you have no problem with animal abuse. Not pertaining specifically to this thread, but in general.
    Although I'm sure this is not true.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Two days later, I called him & asked him to come out to my place. - He arrived & found my dog SOUND ASLEEP on top of the doghouse & in about a FOOT of snow.
    (I never heard another word from the county about my dog being out in the snow.)
    Some dogs don’t do what people think is normal. When in the cascades my dog would prefer to lay in mud, even while chilly outside and raining. The only time I spoiled him was when it got well below freezing on a hike and my sleeping bag was on the big side. Let him in the bag. A 100lb heater is awesome lol

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    ZX9RCAM,

yours, satx

My dog had more rights than some people I have known. And had they messed with my dog they would have found out the hard way!!!! Her right to life and well being where paramount to me

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You might very well be correct.

I'll also point out that to me your comment in parentheses makes it sound as if you have no problem with animal abuse. Not pertaining specifically to this thread, but in general.
    Although I'm sure this is not true.

ZX9RCAM,

The frank & simple truth is that I think that it's UTTERLY ABSURD to even talk seriously about animals having RIGHTS of the sort that HUMAN BEINGS have.
    (IF animals had such RIGHTS, killing animals would be murder.)

PLEASE tell me WHICH of the RIGHTS, that are enumerated in the Bill of Rights, that a horse, cow, cat, dog, snake, goldfish or housefly has. = In the event that you can NAME NONE, you have proved the point that the CONCEPT of "animal rights" is ludicrous & makes those who claim that animals have rights are: NITWITS..

yours, satx

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ZX9RCAM,

The frank & simple truth is that I think that it's UTTERLY ABSURD to even talk seriously about animals having RIGHTS of the sort that HUMAN BEINGS have.
    (IF animals had such RIGHTS, killing animals would be murder.)

PLEASE tell me WHICH of the RIGHTS, that are enumerated in the Bill of Rights, that a horse, cow, cat, dog, snake, goldfish or housefly has. = In the event that you can NAME NONE, you have proved the point that the CONCEPT of "animal rights" is ludicrous & makes those who claim that animals have rights are: NITWITS..

yours, satx

Why are you talking about "animal rights"?
    I am talking about animal abuse.
    I never said anything about animal rights and
    I didn't see anything in the OPs article that mentioned animal rights. If I missed it please show me.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I didn't see anything in the OPs article that mentioned animal rights. If I missed it please show me.

Dang, I think you touched a nerve. Someone early on in this thread mentioned "animal rights". I doubt any of us here are PETA members but I think most here believe animals should be treated sans abuse and ethically.
    I don't recall anyone saying they support the right to arm bears but damn, a "pet" should not be left out in the cold or tied to a tree all day or left in a hot car. That is POS behavior. Likewise, if someone shot my dog simple because of her breed, we would have a serious problem and I would bet you wouldn't leave this world in a peaceful way. I don't have kids but I obviously would do the same for them as I would for my beloved pittie. Besides, all my dogs I have owned have been way better than the average human I meet. It is about this time I tell my theory of God and dogs. We all know what dog spelled backwards spells. Perhaps it was God's sense of humor (don't get offended atheists) that He created the dog as an example of what unconditional love truly is. *Note to mods. - I ain't talking about religion.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky

Probably from my post. As I did give my dog human rights to the point that her life was worth a human life if it came down to that point. Don't like my view, leave my dog alone and you would live to see another day! Your choice.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Probably from my post. As I did give my dog human rights to the point that her life was worth a human life if it came down to that point. Don't like my view, leave my dog alone and you would live to see another day! Your choice.

That may be the case, but my posts keep getting quoted.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

ZX9RCAM,

Fwiw, I you asked me what I thought that the reason for the PA law was. - Check out my response to your question in #43.

Pardon me for quoting my old friend & former US Senator, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who said that: - - - - -- moral people do not abuse helpless dumb animals because they are kind to The Father's lesser creatures.

yours, satx

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    ... or any thing else of MINE.

People who mess with what is mine are setting the value of their own life, not me.

Top Bottom