• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    A new law in Philadelphia makes it illegal to leave your dog outdoors for longer than 30 minutes if the temperature is less than 32 degrees or greater than 90 degrees. Violators can be fined up to $750 or sentenced to up to 90 days in jail.

So, the morale of this snowflake tale is that if you own a Husky, Newfoundland or other northern breed, don't go to Philly or you may be jailed for letting your dog play in the snow.

I just got back from Los Angeles where I saw a constant parade of dogs in grocery stores, retail stores, restaurants and especially at LAX airport. The rights of the animals are now overtaking those of illegal immigrants....a dilemma for the Democrats no doubt.

https://people.com/pets/pennsylvania-libres-law-animal-abuse/
    Capitol Armory ad

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Now that is flat out discrimination. Nothing but pet canine priviledge. What about cats? Not to mention the wildlife. What happened to equality????
    #allanimallivesmatter

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Just what residents need, more laws. Punish the many for transgressions of the few. How about animal control just file a case for animal cruelty (already on the books) on an as needed basis. I know, it makes too much sense.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Just what residents need, more laws. Punish the many for transgressions of the few. How about animal control just file a case for animal cruelty (already on the books) on an as needed basis. I know, it makes too much sense.

Well now they at least have a law to support their claim of cruelty.

But yes, it should be used on a case to case basis. That probably isn't how it is going to work though.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where

Yep just like gun laws...its already against the law to kill people.

Last edited:

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The stupid part is that if you leave a dog in a locked car for a couple of hours with the windows rolled up in 89 degree temperature, you are good to go; but, if you take your Lab out and let him swim in the pond when it is 95 outside you will get fined and or put in jail. This is just part of the continuing trend where local, state and federal lawmakers see a chance to pad their political standing by grabbing the coattails of some unfortunate incident that is on the six o'clock news. 95% of the laws are passed with no regard for common sense, solid decision support information or enforceability. This has little to do with animal cruelty and much to do with legislative stupidity.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Well now they at least have a law to support their claim of cruelty.

But yes, it should be used on a case to case basis. That probably isn't how it is going to work though.
    Not up on PA law but I would assume that animal cruelty or abuse is already a law. Another law is not needed to support it. You prove the elements of the offense and submit a case to the DA.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm all for it, same as leaving a dog or child in a hot car....

Outdoors is nothing like locked in a hot car.

At 32* my dogs will play outside for an hour and I have to call for them and beg them to come in at 30 minutes. Same when it’s 95. This law is stupid. Feel sorry for these dogs who’s owners will be afraid to let them play for fear of an animal cruelty charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm pretty sure the law is directed towards those people who keep their dogs chained up outside.
    I understand the frustration of those who are outside WITH their dogs, or just allowing their dogs to be outside to play.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I could leave my shepherd out for hours in cold weather and she'd refuse to come in. I practically have to drag her inside. My Dalmatian would lay in the sun for hours when the heat index is over 100 if I let her.

I can't stand it when people leave their dogs chained up outside all day here in the burbs. I acknowledge farm dogs allowed to roam a property are a different story. I also can't stand it when people take their lapdogs with them into all of the stores. You can't get away from it anymore.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those that need this law need their asses kicked for not taking care of their animals in the first place. I see dogs outside all the time freezing their asses off. Pisses me off. Makes me wanna kick the door in, drag the owner out by their hair and chain their sorry pos up. Let them sit out in sub 30deg weather all night.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom