• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Do have a positive thing to report... One of the neighbors from the side street that we haven't met before invited herself over (through the downed fence...). She was very curious about the ducks. I got the impression that she initially though we were jerks for having them, but after talking she seemed interested. I gave her a few eggs to try.

I know the asshole neighbor runs his mouth to everyone, so I'm hoping that as more people talk to us a realize we're nice that he looks like the crazy fool he is.
    Venture Surplus ad

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Sorry to hear about all of this Dan. I just found out yesterday that one of the houses in my circle has been being rented month to month. 2 months ago there were Syrian Refugees who stayed there for a month. Last month Canadians. Not sure which frightens me more. Seems the original couple who purchased the house got a better job offer in NYC and never moved in. So they're renting it month to month. I found all of this out from my next door neighbor yesterday and was a little disappointed he hadn't shared that news with me sooner.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I just found out yesterday that one of the houses in my circle has been being rented month to month. 2 months ago there were Syrian Refugees who stayed there for a month. Last month Canadians.
    Oh, that's a good idea... If he keeps up with his shenanigans I'm going to rent the house out to some stinky Canadians.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Sorry to hear about all of this Dan. I just found out yesterday that one of the houses in my circle has been being rented month to month. 2 months ago there were Syrian Refugees who stayed there for a month. Last month Canadians. Not sure which frightens me more. Seems the original couple who purchased the house got a better job offer in NYC and never moved in. So they're renting it month to month. I found all of this out from my next door neighbor yesterday and was a little disappointed he hadn't shared that news with me sooner.

I think my dream is to have neighbors that are gay Canadians.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If it were me, I would have cut your grass for you — seems like a bigger slap in the face than any confrontation.
    As long as you didn't damage anything I would have thanked you and offered to pay. I actually had a neighbor one time that didn't like how I cut my yard so badly that he offered to do it for me. I offered to pay him for it but he refused. I finally convinced him to leave his gas can on my porch when it was empty and I'd go fill it up for him. The guy was retired and just loved to cut yards... He was a really nice guy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    As long as you didn't damage anything I would have thanked you and offered to pay. I actually had a neighbor one time that didn't like how I cut my yard so badly that he offered to do it for me. I offered to pay him for it but he refused. I finally convinced him to leave his gas can on my porch when it was empty and I'd go fill it up for him. The guy was retired and just loved to cut yards... He was a really nice guy.

Cutting grass is relaxing. I mow the neighbors yard when I mow mine. I make it look pretty. Makes the area look a lot better.

I have a green thumb, she don't. When she gets it done...it looks like crap.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Sounds like quite the situation there Dan.

A good neighbor would tell you he was tearing the fence down. A good neighbor in return would offer to help rebuild said fence.

But when neighbor one is a douche about it it makes it hard to be neighborly.

Every time we've taken down our fence (twice)

1. We told the neighbors first, especially if they have animals. I generally am not impressed with people but I would never want an animal to get lost. I even went around with a slip of paper in Spanish for the ESLs we had in one neighborhood.

2. I've never ever ever had a neighbor agree to help in either the expense or building, so I don't know about this good neighbor thing. I'll just settle for neighbors who leave me alone and keep the noise down.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    We're going to have to replace our fence (shoddy fence, put up as a cheap fence to get the house sold when we bought it... and we also need to replace the game fence in the back with a wood fence due to construction). Our neighbors have their own fences back-to-back with ours (vs. a "shared" fence), so we're on our own, which I think is good. It also means we can put either side of the fence "in" the way we want (I like the crossbeams visible in the yard for two reasons - I can hang things from them and people can't use them to climb up on a look over from the other side).

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Mow yards? WTF is that? :clown:

10c356a04743db681e13b1070b03a5440774ded.jpg

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    When I lived in Fort Worth there was a yard like that in my neighborhood that had crushed stone. It belonged to a Tennis Pro that was never home. The yard didn't need much maintenance. I tried to convince the wife that I wanted a yard like THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We now live in rural Wise County on ten acres but Goats and Donkeys do most of the mowing!!!!!

bob

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    I had a neighbor who didn't mow often so when I mowed I mowed his as well. That went on for a couple years got a few thank you s out of it. And then one day he went off the deep end (one of many to come) and after a cussing he walked off and just as he was going in the garage turned and said "And don't mow my yard no more" I thougt I was going to shit myself laughing.

Top Bottom