• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I have a slightly different take on this, but it was in Spanish class. (Outside of actually having a mandated Spanish class) what's wrong with using a Mexican pledge in Spanish class to learn Spanish?

The real reason this gets my goat, is that they allow conscientious objectors to the US pledge or allegiance.

I told my girlfriend about this. In her Spanish class, she had to recite the US pledge in Spanish. Much more appropriate.
    Capitol Armory ad

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Hope the parent's end up owning the school! I just posted the link on my Face Book Page and hoped it's Shared by all who reads it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The school board is ultimatey responsibile for all rules and regulations. Attorneys need to start with them and work their way down through administration and into the classoom if necessary (and it looks like it is!) Regarding the assignment to recite another country's pledge and the disiplinary action that followed, it's unbelievable and totally PhoKing outreageous!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I told my girlfriend about this. In her Spanish class, she had to recite the US pledge in Spanish. Much more appropriate.

Yeah I do. See?
    19335d1362438289t-texas-student-punished-not-reciting-mexican-pledge-anthem-uploadfromtaptalk1362438288384.jpg

Sent carelessly from Joe Biden's balcony
    What are you timing yourself?

I know in a geography slash history class, when we rounded around canada and Mexico, we at least listened to their national anthem... (private school full of crazed republicans, yes guns were in the back seat of many trucks during dove season)

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    I'm sic to death of all this anti American stuff and lets all do the Mexican thing. Well the hell with that. Anybody who doesn't want to be American and give his or her Aligence to this country needs to go the hell home and shut up. This ain't Mexico !!!!

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a slightly different take on this, but it was in Spanish class. (Outside of actually having a mandated Spanish class) what's wrong with using a Mexican pledge in Spanish class to learn Spanish?

The real reason this gets my goat, is that they allow conscientious objectors to the US pledge or allegiance.

Well, they could read Mexican newspapers. They could listen to Mexican language news and television shows. But punishing a student for refusing to recite the pledge to another country, even if it IS in Mexican, is bullshit to the Nth degree. If a student can "opt out" of saying the U.S. pledge, then it's only right for them to be able to "opt out"of the Mexican pledge. The actions of the teacher, Reyna Santos, are vindictive and she should be, at the least, suspended without pay, for no less than a month. If she continues to be vindictive, termination is the final option. I don't care if she's considered a good teacher. Actions like hers are NOT what we need in the classroom.

Ironically, the school district has a policy that prohibits a school from compelling students to recite the American Pledge of Allegiance.

The district also has a written policy that excuses students from reciting text from the Declaration of Independence if the student “as determined by the district, has a conscientious objection to the recitation.”

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I had several years of formal Spanish class and never had to recite a pledge to Mexico. That's an odd assignment, clearly with an agenda.

I did, however, watch Star Wars in Spanish. It was kind of surreal, like watching the Wizard of Oz sync'ed up with The Wall.

Top Bottom