• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bushd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Richardson
    American Student Punished for Refusing to Recite Mexican Pledge | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Saw this on reddit/Conservative earlier.

Pretty damn ridiculous. Whoever this kid's parents are should be pretty damn proud she is smart enough to realize what she was doing. The rest of the kid's just recited the Mexican pledge without thinking, even if it was for a spanish class.

What's even worse is the place has a policy allowing people to not recite the American pledge.

I'm really interested in what happens to this case since a lawsuit was filed.
    Hurley's Gold

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013

Am I the only one who WTF'ed and/or choked on their drink when they read the article?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    A Texas high school student has filed a federal lawsuit against her school and her teachers after she was punished for refusing to salute and recite the Mexican pledge of allegiance.

Good, I hope she wins.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Surely someone on the forum has a teenager who goes to this school.

I'd like to see a statement from the administrators.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    And this is the email of the teacher responsible, by the way.

reyna.santos@mcallenisd.net

I'd rather find out the email address of her supervisor. I have a few choice words to say to him/her about the district's policy against the AMERICAN Pledge of Allegiance...

WTH is this nation coming to? When my family first arrived here as legal immigrants my parents taught us how lucky we were to live in the U.S. and in so doing gave us a deep appreciation and understanding of patriotic strikestones like the Pledge of Allegiance and Star Spangled Banner - both of which were heard in school each and every day. The Star Spangled Banner would be played just before the principal announced the Pledge of Allgiance over the intercom.

Nowadays, our children are being conditioned to believe patriotism and love of country is a bad thing. Something socially unacceptable...

F$^&^% sickening.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    First off, good for the student for sticking to her guns

Second
    era2y9eq.jpg

People died to make this place Texas not North Mexico WTF! I hope the teacher gets fired. Even though I know she won't.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    The only way this kind of stuff will ever stop is 1. We need to get the Texas schools to stop taking federal money (with all the strings attached), and support them ourselves. And 2, us old farts with grandkids need to start running for, and getting on the local and state school boards to hold these teachers and administrators balls to the fire. 3. The kids that then come out of those schools need to become teachers and administrators at the college level themselves, or politicians, and media people.

Only then do we even have a chance.
    will take generations
    That's how we got here (only the opposite).

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I have a slightly different take on this, but it was in Spanish class. (Outside of actually having a mandated Spanish class) what's wrong with using a Mexican pledge in Spanish class to learn Spanish?

The real reason this gets my goat, is that they allow conscientious objectors to the US pledge or allegiance.

bushd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Richardson
    Americans don't pledge allegiance to Mexico. This girl was punished for not pledging allegiance to Mexico, which she was smart enough to realize they were doing even if it was an assignment.

Top Bottom