• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redscout02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Corpus Christi,tx
    Ok I read all that and it is cool an all but even with a military ID that says indef on it there are many places I have been that still want the dd214.
    I can see this a big topic of debate but that is why I did my 20 so ya'll could disscus things like this as you wish.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    ....................................................................................

There's already a number of places that don't take US legal tender cash (I don't understand how that's not illegal). ............................................................."

I don't know why it would be illegal (or should be) but.............Eff'em if they don't want my cash! I'll certainly take my business and my dollars elsewhere! I've never been anywhere in the U.S. that somebody wouldn't take cash. Can you share with us one of those places (other than some govt. agencies) that don't take cash?? Just curious.

Fighta1337

US NAVY
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    west side of 20 Fort Worth
    wow, this post was actually very helpful. i appreciate everyone apart of it. Im definitely going to renew mine again just to have it. it comes up so often its crazy, who the hell carries their 214??? wtf . its a bad feeling when someone ask u if ur a vet and u say yes and they say prove it (are u serious?)

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I don't know why it would be illegal (or should be) but.............Eff'em if they don't want my cash! I'll certainly take my business and my dollars elsewhere! I've never been anywhere in the U.S. that somebody wouldn't take cash. Can you share with us one of those places (other than some govt. agencies) that don't take cash?? Just curious.

Some airlines don't accept cash and neither does Apple.

The entire purpose of our single currency, monopolistic monetary system is that everyone accepts US legal tender for uniformity. By law they must accept US legal tender as payment for goods and services. They way they get around it is to say that they do, but only electronically.

The issue is that it completely erodes any sense of privacy. Maybe I don't want companies selling my data to large data consolidators that combine this info to get a more complete picture of individual consumers. At first a bunch of marketing just sounds like a PITA, but then you realize that the government can and does purchase that info from them - without a warrant - and do their own data mining, after all you "volunteered" that info.

Why You Should Care About and Defend Your Privacy

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Mexican_Hippie you know as well as I do the government is just wanting a "use fee" for every time money changes hands, and electronically they are better able to keep track of that. So you will not get too much criticism or attention to your cause from them. Ideally physical money will soon become a thing of the past, and they will have total control over all transactions, (from the govts perspective).

With Amazon caving to Texas, and agreeing to collect sales tax on their on-line sales, how long do we expect to avoid that tax, and tracking on every purchase we make online from every seller? (Oh, I know that you are required to pay taxes yourself on your online purchases, and it is you responsibility to take care of that.)

Keep up good fight............................

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Some airlines don't accept cash and neither does Apple.

The entire purpose of our single currency, monopolistic monetary system is that everyone accepts US legal tender for uniformity. By law they must accept US legal tender as payment for goods and services. They way they get around it is to say that they do, but only electronically.

The issue is that it completely erodes any sense of privacy. Maybe I don't want companies selling my data to large data consolidators that combine this info to get a more complete picture of individual consumers. At first a bunch of marketing just sounds like a PITA, but then you realize that the government can and does purchase that info from them - without a warrant - and do their own data mining, after all you "volunteered" that info.

Why You Should Care About and Defend Your Privacy

Forgot about the airlines, thanks for reminding me of another reason NOT to fly.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    They don't need to charge a fee on every bank transaction. Because there's no alternative, competing currency they just steal the value of the money in your pocket or bank account through Quantitative Easing / Devaluation in order to pay off the debt - debt they incur because they overspend.

So they lock you in a system they completely control centrally, dictate the value of what you own and collect all your data to use as they please. This is now, not in some Orwellian future. So y'all will have to forgive some us that think this "optional convenience" won't end up being mandatory or mined along with other data. Thinking it's completely harmless - well - it's silly.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The gov already knows I'm a vet, so what difference would it make to have it on my DL. They may not know how I spend "all" my cash, but they know what I di in the military so I don't think having it on my DL is going to give them any extra information. As far as being silly, I actually appreciate the effort they made to make things easier for vets.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just as I knew, nothing to do with driving, all about collecting welfare and other entitlements.

House Bill 1514 will allow veterans to add an endorsement to their licenses as proof of honorable service. The idea is that showing a designation on a license could be an easier than having to show discharge forms to verify a person’s military service to agencies and businesses that provide benefits or discounts to veterans.

Maybe you can flash it and get $197 NON-REFUNDABLE airline ticket back too?

I don't see benefits vets have earned as WELFARE. I'll say that comment deeply offends me and leave it at that.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Also with your DD-214 your renewel is supposed to be free, but when i went to renew mine a few years ago i was told that only works if the DL is expired.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The gov already knows I'm a vet, so what difference would it make to have it on my DL. They may not know how I spend "all" my cash, but they know what I di in the military so I don't think having it on my DL is going to give them any extra information. As far as being silly, I actually appreciate the effort they made to make things easier for vets.

The Federal government knows you're a vet. The state government doesn't unless you tell them.

Like I said, I could care less as long as its optional. It's just that they usually make this stuff mandatory sooner or later.

Get rid of the DL

This. I already pay for the damn roads. They're part MINE. I don't need no stinking "license" from some DMV bureaucrat to drive my own PAID FOR vehicles on the road. Drivers licenses are just plain SILLY!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    The9ine
    Top Bottom