• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    FYI. If you go to get your license renewed, you can have it say you are a veteran if you bring along your DD-214. I didn't know this, and after waiting in line and finally getting up to the counter I decided to just skip it for now since I didn't want to have to go through the wait again.

But if you're getting ready to renew yours, bring along a copy.
    ARJ Defense ad

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It does seem silly or unnecessary to have veteran status on a drivers liscence.
    If you want something then what needs to be there is US citisenship status!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, I will do the research for you so you fully understand why the Texas legislature took the time and effort to pass this. All you have to do is click on and comprehend the contents of the links below.
    Texas driver’s licenses to list veteran status | Armed Sources | a Chron.com blog
    Veterans Benefits: Texas adds Veterans designation to Driver’s License | MSPB and Federal Employee Attorney Blog

It's a shame that many are quick to think this is a trivial matter..............................

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Ok, I will do the research for you so you fully understand why the Texas legislature took the time and effort to pass this. All you have to do is click on and comprehend the contents of the links below.
    Texas driver’s licenses to list veteran status | Armed Sources | a Chron.com blog
    Veterans Benefits: Texas adds Veterans designation to Driver’s License | MSPB and Federal Employee Attorney Blog

It's a shame that many are quick to think this is a trivial matter..............................

Just as I knew, nothing to do with driving, all about collecting welfare and other entitlements.

House Bill 1514 will allow veterans to add an endorsement to their licenses as proof of honorable service. The idea is that showing a designation on a license could be an easier than having to show discharge forms to verify a person’s military service to agencies and businesses that provide benefits or discounts to veterans.

Maybe you can flash it and get $197 NON-REFUNDABLE airline ticket back too?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Renegade.....

Sorry - but you're SO far out of line on this it isn't funny. Lots of businesses will extend special pricing to veterans that have served to protect their country. I do so myself - and I'm a veteran as well. What's so wrong with saying "thank you" for those willing to lay down their lives in service to their country?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade.....

Sorry - but you're SO far out of line on this it isn't funny. Lots of businesses will extend special pricing to veterans that have served to protect their country. I do so myself - and I'm a veteran as well. What's so wrong with saying "thank you" for those willing to lay down their lives in service to their country?

What does that have to do with putting veteran status on TX/DL?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    To our arms services personnel past and present, salute! :patriot:

And get that Organ Donor Crap off the DL too.

Yes, please remove that designation so that people like me that received a kidney transplant less than 2 years ago can die in pain waiting for a life-saving procedure that will never happen :rolleyes:

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Renegade...it's a drivers license, yes.....but ALSO A FORM OF IDENTIFICATION.

The donor info, important too. Better yet, tell me how it's so bad for someone to CHOOSE to put it on there? I've worked major accidents where a subject was identified by a DL in their wallet as the were unconscious and allowed us to contact family...but hey, that doesn't have to do with driving either huh? Let's go ahead and remove the address, height, eye color, and anti-counterfeit markings. All we need is the number right? Since essentially that is what is assigned to us to operate a vehicle. Let's also eliminate custom license plates that people choose to pay for.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Once you dig yourself a hole and find how wrong you are it's hard to admit how dumb you were.

Sorry dude not wrong as folks have pointed out it has nothing to do with driving.

I myself carry ID cards (Veteran Status, Organ Donor, Medical Condition etc.), for anything I may need, do not need it on my DL. This is just another win for the nanny state.

Why stop at vets & organ donors? How about adding allergies, diabetes, blood type, genetic conditions and a host of other things to the DL? Oh wait some already has proposed that - it is call ObamaCare. Won't be long before it is a legal requirement, or before it is microchipped under your skin.

Top Bottom