• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXchoctaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Euless
    Sorry dude not wrong as folks have pointed out it has nothing to do with driving.

I myself carry ID cards (Veteran Status, Organ Donor, Medical Condition etc.), for anything I may need, do not need it on my DL. This is just another win for the nanny state.

Why stop at vets & organ donors? How about adding allergies, diabetes, blood type, genetic conditions and a host of other things to the DL? Oh wait some already has proposed that - it is call ObamaCare. Won't be long before it is a legal requirement, or before it is microchipped under your skin.

While I understand about the Obamacare thingy, I think we have much bigger fish to fry here than getting all worked up about some info on your driving license. I think we had better figure how to put true Constitutional Politicians in office, then we can go after all these other issues that are near and dear to us.
    ARJ Defense ad

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Renegade...it's a drivers license, yes.....but ALSO A FORM OF IDENTIFICATION.

The donor info, important too. Better yet, tell me how it's so bad for someone to CHOOSE to put it on there? I've worked major accidents where a subject was identified by a DL in their wallet as the were unconscious and allowed us to contact family...but hey, that doesn't have to do with driving either huh? Let's go ahead and remove the address, height, eye color, and anti-counterfeit markings. All we need is the number right? Since essentially that is what is assigned to us to operate a vehicle. Let's also eliminate custom license plates that people choose to pay for.

Well?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Wait before we get all huffy like so many posts on here seem to be doing, let's look at what he's (renegade) saying:

I don't think he has anything against veterans, looks like he is one, but think about the fact that more and more we are required to have licenses and IDs. I kind of agree to an extent. The more things the government IDs us as, the more control they can eventually take. I think that's where he was going with this, not that Veterans shouldn't be honored for their service. Am I right Renegade?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    The main thing is that it is an OPTION!! Therefore if you don't want it there don't put it there! Same as with the organ donor.

Now personally I think its a good thing to have a veteran designation on your DL simply because it makes things easier instead of having to carry your DD-214 around. Less chance of loosing it and it's a pretty important document. As for the donor designation thats a great thing as well. As a volunteer firefighter we are able to find out who the person is and heaven forbid if they are deceased what steps need to be taken to preserve the organs so they might help someone else. Just my .02 btw.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Wait before we get all huffy like so many posts on here seem to be doing, let's look at what he's (renegade) saying:

I don't think he has anything against veterans, looks like he is one, but think about the fact that more and more we are required to have licenses and IDs. I kind of agree to an extent. The more things the government IDs us as, the more control they can eventually take. I think that's where he was going with this, not that Veterans shouldn't be honored for their service. Am I right Renegade?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Its one thing to explain it, but the manner in which he stepped in the thread is what began. But, it's still an option. If people have a conspiracy theory, then they don't have to do it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Its one thing to explain it, but the manner in which he stepped in the thread is what began. But, it's still an option. If people have a conspiracy theory, then they don't have to do it.

"silly" is hardly stepping in any manner.

Photos were once optional too. Fingerprints were once not required also. Heck, not having a at all DL and being a functional member of society was once an option.

That is how Big Brother works, get a nose under the tent, then require it. Just look at all the freedom given up over the past ten years. I say reject it all, especially the nanny portion.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The main thing is that it is an OPTION!! Therefore if you don't want it there don't put it there! Same as with the organ donor.

X2. I don't see how an optional designation on a form of government issued ID is the same as a micro chip implanting nanny state. Besides, there are many who would lie about their veteran status if they thought it would give them a discount or preferential treatment. This is a simple way for those who did not retire to show they did serve and maybe get a discount as recognition for their time they stood watch over this great country.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Question: what authority issues a TX DL?

Question 2: what feature, part, section of the document we call our DL actually proves the privilege to drive?

Question 3: what is the document called when it does not prove the privilege to drive.

Answer Key

1. The Texas Department of Public Safety issues State Certified Proof of ..,

2. The endorsement proves the privilege to drive. This endorsement is so common, we usually refer to the ID as a license.

3. Without an endorsement to drive, this document is simply State issued identification.

Would you really have another office created just to handle motor vehicle enforcement? Some states did. Texas was smarter with my tax dollars.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    "silly" is hardly stepping in any manner.

Photos were once optional too. Fingerprints were once not required also. Heck, not having a at all DL and being a functional member of society was once an option.

That is how Big Brother works, get a nose under the tent, then require it. Just look at all the freedom given up over the past ten years. I say reject it all, especially the nanny portion.

Yet you CHOSE to "conform" and get a DL still, why?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    So whats wrong with only having to carry the one form of identification instead of carrying all?

Because consolidating data has a powerful effect (both good and bad). I get the sentiment of keeping them all separate, managed by separate agencies. I personally don't care as long as it's OPTIONAL but...these things tend to become mandatory (just like Social Security).

There's already a number of places that don't take US legal tender cash (I don't understand how that's not illegal). I can very easily see them only accepting the designations on the DL instead of separate forms "for convenience."

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Question: what authority issues a TX DL?

Question 2: what feature, part, section of the document we call our DL actually proves the privilege to drive?

Question 3: what is the document called when it does not prove the privilege to drive.

Answer Key

1. The Texas Department of Public Safety issues State Certified Proof of ..,

2. The endorsement proves the privilege to drive. This endorsement is so common, we usually refer to the ID as a license.

3. Without an endorsement to drive, this document is simply State issued identification.

Would you really have another office created just to handle motor vehicle enforcement? Some states did. Texas was smarter with my tax dollars.

The name of the "ID" that allows a person to operate a motor vehicle of public roadways is a "driver license". Texas has a seperate "Identification Card" that does not license one to drive. You cannot simply add an endorsement to an ID card to drive.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Of course I don't get why driving on public roadways that I fund, in a vehicle that I paid for, is in any way a privilege. Maybe someone can enlighten on why I should be so gracious that the public roadway monopoly allows me to travel from place to place.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Of course I don't get why driving on public roadways that I fund, in a vehicle that I paid for, is in any way a privilege. Maybe someone can enlighten on why I should be so gracious that the public roadway monopoly allows me to travel from place to place.

It isn't. Folks just say that because they heard it somewhere, like "ignorance is no excuse" and other silly things high school quotes. Govt says it to be authoritative, but they know it is false.

Driving is a right on our society. It can not be taken away arbitrarily, it only be taken away via due process, just like all other rights.

Top Bottom