• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah, that really rubbed me the wrong way.
    I don't want to scare off a potential new guy. Especially someone who very obviously needs some proper guidance.

Pilgrim, everything you wrote there was pretty dead on. It's what I should have written, had I not gotten pissed off at what I read.

Hothead...

lol

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Notice no one has not heard anything about that chl aggie student who fired at the College Station shooter and probably saved many lives. That prosecutor is really cool for that even though the student was in violation for having carried on campus.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Notice no one has not heard anything about that chl aggie student who fired at the College Station shooter and probably saved many lives. That prosecutor is really cool for that even though the student was in violation for having carried on campus.

Did he carry on campus? That shooting occurred in my neighborhood which is not on campus.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Notice no one has not heard anything about that chl aggie student who fired at the College Station shooter and probably saved many lives. That prosecutor is really cool for that even though the student was in violation for having carried on campus.[/QUOTE]

UNLESS HE CARRIED IN A BUILDING OR DURING A SCHOOL SPONSORED EVENT HE WAS NOT "IN VIOLATION".

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I think I know the answer but will toss into the mix to make sure I am on track.
    Situation, I drive my daughter to Central Texas College and drop her off, I never exit my truck, just drop her off mid campus. Am I OK to have weapon in truck?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Also a good way to make us all look like a bunch of assholes who do what they want regardless of what laws are in place.

So... I guess Suzanna Gratia Hupp would have been an ashole if she carried into Luby's?

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    So... I guess Suzanna Gratia Hupp would have been an ashole if she carried into Luby's?

I don't think anyone was upset at the OP for exercising his right to carry. People were a little upset with the possibility that, if he was caught carrying someplace he shouldn't be, not only would he be arrested but his actions would reflect poorly on gun rights as a whole. The liberal media is looking for any excuse to say, "See? We told you that gun owners are law-breakers even when given (reasonable) means to carry legally".

Whether or not we agree that those laws are reasonable is beside the point. It is what it is right now and, until we can change the laws to more closely follow the original intent of the Second Amendment, we have to be careful with how we present ourselves to the public eye.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I think I know the answer but will toss into the mix to make sure I am on track.
    Situation, I drive my daughter to Central Texas College and drop her off, I never exit my truck, just drop her off mid campus. Am I OK to have weapon in truck?

Of course. penal code 46.03.

If you have a CHL, you can walk her right up to the door with your handgun on.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston

No.
    First of all, I am a hothead sometimes. I readily admit that I'm an imperfect person, and people who've been around the forum know that I've been wrong on numerous occasions.
    The part of the OP's post where he typed "I may have already", followed by the devil smiley and the "shhhhhhh" alarmed me. It was the kind of "hey guys, look at what I did" kind of statement that the gun grabbers (who most assuredly monitor this site!) will pounce upon in a heartbeat.

Would Suzanna Gratia Hupp have been an asshole if she carried into Luby's on that tragic afternoon? No!
    She would have broken the law in place at the time, but possibly ended that infamous slaughter quicker than it did end.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    texas
    Do any of ya'll know if it's legal for a ccw holder to carry on campus?? (I may have already) sssshhhhhhhh!!

I dont really know exactly what it is you have done, but please read more postings by Bithabus and TI. Asking questions does not need to involve making yourself look like you have done something wrong. Many people on gun forums "think" they know what is legal, but they dont. "Just look at the negativity some people have posted toward yourself". Those people have no damn clue what exactly it is that you have done, but they are already willing to throw rocks at you.
    Carrying on campus IS LEGAL. When addressing Texas CHL laws on school grounds, you must be educated with the definitions of the property. The law does not say you cant, so you need to understand why you can.
    (3) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

(2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;
    Many people are ready to jump at the chance to tell you how wrong you are and how bad you make all of us look. In reality, they need to learn the law for themselves.
    When discussing campus carry, two importants words you need to define is "Premises and Building". For other code's you need to understand the definition for "Body".
    One point I want to stress is never ever do what your doing without a complete understand of the Code's. If you cant explain it, then you dont know it.
    If you did not enter the campus building, then you have done nothing wrong unless you were on the grounds of a school event.
    So yes, CHL is allowed on campus if done legal.

Top Bottom