• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You may carry on campus but not inside any of the buildings or on any grounds where a school activity is taking place.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Also a good way to make us all look like a bunch of assholes who do what they want regardless of what laws are in place.
    This forum is chock full of law abiding citizens, as well as many current and former law enforcement officers.

If your "I may have already sssshhhhhhhh!!" was an attempt to gain some sort of favor with us, you failed. Real, REAL bad!

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Also a good way to make us all look like a bunch of assholes who do what they want regardless of what laws are in place.
    This forum is chock full of law abiding citizens, as well as many current and former law enforcement officers.
    If your "I may have already sssshhhhhhhh!!" was an attempt to gain some sort of favor with us, you failed. Real, REAL bad!

LOL, Carabine you are a tough man.

Loadmoreammo, I'm new here as well but I learned pretty quickly that the guys on this forum are serious about their rights, the law as it pertains to those rights, and the image that we display as responsible gun owners. We've all been shooting A LONG TIME and we take our hobby seriously because it's always under fire by the political machine. We don't take kindly to anyone who, through their actions, would jeopardize our passion and put us in a bad light. We already have plenty of idiots out there helping to do just that in the public eye.

My advice to you is to read up on CHL laws, take the time to participate in a CHL course and apply for your license. In no time at all you can be a card-carrying member of the CHL community! Don't take shortcuts and don't circumvent the laws that have been hard-won. This isn't AR15.com. We are a forum of politically active, law-abiding, pissed off shooters who stand behind the Constitution come all takers! Welcome to the forum.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    LOL, Carabine you are a tough man.

Loadmoreammo, I'm new here as well but I learned pretty quickly that the guys on this forum are serious about their rights, the law as it pertains to those rights, and the image that we display as responsible gun owners. We've all been shooting A LONG TIME and we take our hobby seriously because it's always under fire by the political machine. We don't take kindly to anyone who, through their actions, would jeopardize our passion and put us in a bad light. We already have plenty of idiots out there helping to do just that in the public eye.

My advice to you is to read up on CHL laws, take the time to participate in a CHL course and apply for your license. In no time at all you can be a card-carrying member of the CHL community! Don't take shortcuts and don't circumvent the laws that have been hard-won. This isn't AR15.com. We are a forum of politically active, law-abiding, pissed off shooters who stand behind the Constitution come all takers! Welcome to the forum.

This should win Post of the Year.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    LOL, Carabine you are a tough man...

Yeah, that really rubbed me the wrong way.
    I don't want to scare off a potential new guy. Especially someone who very obviously needs some proper guidance.

Pilgrim, everything you wrote there was pretty dead on. It's what I should have written, had I not gotten pissed off at what I read.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Yeah, that really rubbed me the wrong way.
    I don't want to scare off a potential new guy. Especially someone who very obviously needs some proper guidance.

Pilgrim, everything you wrote there was pretty dead on. It's what I should have written, had I not gotten pissed off at what I read.

No worries, brother. I initially reacted the same way. You got your point across and I just wanted to smooth the waters a bit.

Top Bottom