• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Poor guy - definitely embarrassing. I speculate he's never used an AR15 or never used an AR15 with that sight. He's just unfamiliar that he doesn't even recognize that it is on backwards.

Sage, what are your thoughts on the Mossie Tactics FSB light mount?

I ran a kind of similar mount for a while. You'll want a tape switch for it, but it's not a bad place to put a light IMO. Shadows aren't really a problem with lights that are on top of the rifle. You might get a shadow on the target's groin or something, but do you really want to look there that bad? :p

I think the one I had was a CAA. It mounted through the A frame, with a rail on one side for a light. With a modern "hand as far forward as you can without putting a bullet through it" hold on the rifle, it worked great.
    Hurley's Gold

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    OK....that friggin helmet did it! My gut hurts from laughing! I wonder if she could pour piss out of a boot?

Flash

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Backup en route...

2vm82z5.jpg

LmFao.

doncom

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Marble Falls, TX
    I'm not so sure that Marble Falls pic isn't 'Shopped. Shouldn't be too hard to find out...

No results at the paper's site. Maybe if I'm bored enough later, I'll email the pic to someone at the paper and see what they say.

I'm a part time photographer at the paper and the photo is real. (I didn't take it.)

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I am curious on the rifle photo. He has the rifle sites up. I have never used an eotech as we carry with plain old metal sites. Would the rifle site with those sites being up through the eotech? If so not much of an issue. Doubt these guys are from any real SWAT team as they are not even wearing helmets, which is basic gear for everywhere I have worked. Regardless, sucks to be him all over the net. The marble falls one is worse IMO> did she not check to see if she chambered a round? Proves my point that not all leo's are gun people(nothing wrong with that) however they need to be able to use the weapon systems they carry.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I am curious on the rifle photo. He has the rifle sites up. I have never used an eotech as we carry with plain old metal sites. Would the rifle site with those sites being up through the eotech? If so not much of an issue. Doubt these guys are from any real SWAT team as they are not even wearing helmets, which is basic gear for everywhere I have worked. Regardless, sucks to be him all over the net. The marble falls one is worse IMO> did she not check to see if she chambered a round? Proves my point that not all leo's are gun people(nothing wrong with that) however they need to be able to use the weapon systems they carry.

You can look through the eotech with those flip up sites. And not utilize the holographic site.
    The point of those being incase the battery dies.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I ran a kind of similar mount for a while. You'll want a tape switch for it, but it's not a bad place to put a light IMO. Shadows aren't really a problem with lights that are on top of the rifle. You might get a shadow on the target's groin or something, but do you really want to look there that bad? :p

I think the one I had was a CAA. It mounted through the A frame, with a rail on one side for a light. With a modern "hand as far forward as you can without putting a bullet through it" hold on the rifle, it worked great.

Guess a groin shadow would be to the target's benefit lol Unless hit with a low center mass shot and then accounting for a the sight plane 3" over bore, the guy could have a really bad day :eek:

As a general shopper I have gravitated towards the Mossie Tactics mount since I saw it; ignoring my particular requirements. The issue I'll have to reconcile for any light is activation. I don't have much choice since not running a support hand.

Thanks for the thoughts.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm a part time photographer at the paper and the photo is real. (I didn't take it.)

Thanks! I figured someone here might know.

Yes, you can use the sights. They look right through the glass on the optic, and since there's no magnification in the glass, it's just like using regular iron sights. The question I have is, if the EOTech is on backwards, did he set the zero on those sights? Even back-up sights for AR15s are usually very good sights, but the problem with them is that each individual user needs to adjust them to his or her eye. If I sight in a rifle and you pick it up, there can be a pretty serious difference in where the bullet ends up. It's not terribly common in my experience for two random people to line sights up the same exact way on an AR15.

Guess a groin shadow would be to the target's benefit lol Unless hit with a low center mass shot and then accounting for a the sight plane 3" over bore, the guy could have a really bad day :eek:

As a general shopper I have gravitated towards the Mossie Tactics mount since I saw it; ignoring my particular requirements. The issue I'll have to reconcile for any light is activation. I don't have much choice since not running a support hand.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Super long tape switch? Keeping from having "light NDs" (term stolen shamelessly from Kyle Lamb) will be fun, but you'll figure something out, I'm sure. Given the need for a tape switch in your application, I'd think seriously about mounting the light a bit further back to make the cord easier to control, and standing it off the rifle a bit to avoid shadowing.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom