• ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    No magnification to an EOTech.

Where he's got the light, it can cause a shadow in the head/face area, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a light in the first place. You want that sucker shining in the face of anybody you point your rifle at so you can identify them and so they are too busy having their retinas fried to be able to even think of aiming at you. The front sling loop is about to drop down in front of his light.

Most of the time, you see people who know mounting their lights on the side to avoid that problem. If the light is low-profile enough (that one might be) you can sometimes get away with mounting it on the top of the handguard.

Ah, I thought you just meant under barrel. I couldn't see the small pic for that detail. As far forward as you can is what I go by.

Sent knowing my life is boring unless I'm looking down range. And that most of you are jerks.

Last edited:

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I was saying the same thing, because I'm not a cop.

LOL. OK, I was just trying to clarify in case you were. I have respect for the good LEOs. Two my old high school friends are officers. One teaches SWAT in Dallas and the other is on the Houston bomb squad. They're some of the good ones.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ah, I thought you just meant under barrel. I couldn't see the small pic for that detail. As far forward as you can is what I go by.

Sent knowing my life is boring unless I'm looking down range. And that most of you are jerks.

Yeah, it's too far back for being on the bottom. Put it on a side, it's a lot more forgiving of how far back you mount the light.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    LOOK GUYS, you are all turning into gun snobs!!

I took a closer look at the photo, went to my 'go bag' and got my high-capacity-assualt-main-battle-machine-gun-sniper rifle out and took a look at my expertly set up piece. I don't see why you bitching at the officer, looks good to my highly trained operator grade eyes.

To show you he knows what he is doing, I am posting a picture of my rifle and it's current ninja approved set up.

Please Note: I have obscured any personally identifying marks to protect my privacy and ensure that some dirt bag does not claim I stole this from him later. (Just a secondary precaution, as I always require a double notarized bill of sale on any firearm related purchase.)

View attachment 19628

So give the guy a brake.................errrrrrrr break (changed to pacify the grammar nazi's)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

I took a closer look at the photo, went to my 'go bag' and got my high-capacity-assualt-main-battle-machine-gun-sniper rifle out and took a look at my expertly set up piece. I don't see why you bitching at the officer, looks good to my highly trained operator grade eyes.

To show you he knows what he is doing, I am posting a picture of my rifle and it's current ninja approved set up.

Please Note: I have obscured any personally identifying marks to protect my privacy and ensure that some dirt bag does not claim I stole this from him later. (Just a secondary precaution, as I always require a double notarized bill of sale on any firearm related purchase.)

View attachment 19628

So give the guy a brake.................errrrrrrr break (changed to pacify the grammar nazi's)

Bwahahahahahahah! That's awesome! I love the redactions!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

View attachment 19628

LoL Made my day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Those pics are just ridiculous. Has the guy ever used his Eotech?? If it's a real Eotech, he wouldn't be able to see the reticle if it were mounted backwards. It almost leads me to believe that he's using a Chinese knock-off, which can be viewed from either side. The female officer with the reversed magazine... WHAT? Either these officers are mind-bogglingly stupid or we're not getting the full story.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    It doesn't matter that sight is backwards. That is officer Barney Fife and he only has one round in the mag. Notice the guy frowning with tight lips. Bet he is trying to stifle a big horse laugh at Barney.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    :cool:

Damn it, should have flipped the scope around the other way........................lack of attention to detail on my part........grrrrrrr

No. Next time, loosen the scope in the rings and rotate it 45 degrees, so the turrets are on either side. LOL, seen that before.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    This seems relevant, since it was just posted by a PD in California (Fresno).

188845_10152655679390006_102078023_n.jpg

LOL, bottom "gun".

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I'm more concerned about the female officer standing up like a fool. If she needed to have that rifle mounted and ready to fire, she should be taking cover. Is that how they train?

Flash

Dumb azz. Wonder if she even has a round in the chamber. That is the reason I count on MYSELF to get me home from work each day.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm not so sure that Marble Falls pic isn't 'Shopped. Shouldn't be too hard to find out...

No results at the paper's site. Maybe if I'm bored enough later, I'll email the pic to someone at the paper and see what they say.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Poor guy - definitely embarrassing. I speculate he's never used an AR15 or never used an AR15 with that sight. He's just unfamiliar that he doesn't even recognize that it is on backwards.

Sage, what are your thoughts on the Mossie Tactics FSB light mount?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I'm not so sure that Marble Falls pic isn't 'Shopped. Shouldn't be too hard to find out...

No results at the paper's site. Maybe if I'm bored enough later, I'll email the pic to someone at the paper and see what they say.

There was a thread on here that was all about that pic and IIRC someone got a copy of the paper, scanned it and posted the scanned image. T'was the same.

Top Bottom