• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm sure there are gays that serve respectably both in the military and their communities. It's a shame we've become so sexualized that they don't see celibacy as a valid alternative. I'd like to see those choices as only one aspect of a person, but it's difficult when many of them define themselves entirely around their sexuality (and ask others to accept it).

I would tolerate it since I don't think it's good to discard people over a single problem they may have, but accepting it as morally OK is just never going to happen because it's not. It's immoral - period. Truth is truth wether or not anyone believes it.
    Venture Surplus ad

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    This is the worst thing to happen since allowing people who were openly black to serve. Right is right and wrong is wrong and there is no arguing that. If you aren't a member of the moral majority there is no such thing as honorable service.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    This is the worst thing to happen since allowing people who were openly black to serve. Right is right and wrong is wrong and there is no arguing that. If you aren't a member of the moral majority there is no such thing as honorable service.

No one is questioning their service, and your attempted analogy isn't analogous.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    View attachment 31272

Not the military I left either. Public Displays of Affection occurred but they were muted. Gays were serving but they kept it to themselves. It seems now to be who can out gay the next gay. This social experiment is flawed when you are making men and women into warfighters not butt buddies!

Now...that shit is nasty (the dudes in the pic). The chicks....I'm okay with them cause they are hot lesbos. Dudes and bull dikes - ban that shit.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... your attempted analogy isn't analogous.
    The analogy may not be analogous (we all have our own thoughts on that) but it is a legal equivalency.

When the law and people's sense of justice and decency are in conflict, problems arise. Sometimes I'm glad I'm old enough that I'm not going to see how all this turns out.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Remind me again why we even bother having threads about homosexuality on TGT? Do any of us ever learn anything or walk away converted?

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth

I laughed out loud at this and disturbed my coworkers.

In other news...

Published August 12. 2013
    Returning submariner celebrates with marriage proposal.
    The Day - Returning submariner celebrates with marriage proposal - News from southeastern Connecticut

AR-130819954.jpg
    oldframe.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

Well I'm converted. Thanks to you guys I see the error of my previous thinking. I want you guys to know you have officially turned me INTO A GAY. Thanks a lot, you jerks. Now if you'll excuse I just realized my entire wardrobe needs to be coordinated.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Yep, got some shallow thinkers: lets just review: American accomplished more in less than 200 years, in fact less than 75 years since WWII than any and ALL the countries on the face of this planet did in all of known history, we built and economy based upon Free Market Capitalism that lifted the entire worlds economy. We crated the finest military the world has ever seen. At one time we ranked number one is education, science, patents, medicine, engineering we walked on the surface of the moon, plunged the depths of the oceans, had the highest standard of living the world has ever known, brought freedom to the world and I could write more than there is space on this forum...

AND

Now we want to change the entire culture, change the very fabric of our society and the foundation and which it was built...

AMD

We are expecting the same results. Well it ain't happin! Every field we led the world in, we are not struggling to be in the top 1/3 and in some cases in the top 1/2, we are now number 9 on FREEDOM , top 25 in capitalism and we are spiraling down as fast as a rotted culture can take us, we have lost our moral compass, a President that if his mouth is moving he is lying and proud of it. A govt so corrupt that Al Capone would be embarrassed for it, Americans are being killed by our government and the number 1 contender for POTUS said "What difference does it make"!

Top Bottom