• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    But don't smear a guy that does good work because of possible semantics or misinformation.

You know me and you know my intention is not to "smear" so why even go there?

Some, myself included, would argue that a misrepresentation of military service is (or should be damn the Supreme Court for striking the Stolen Valor Act) criminal and should be treated as such.

How different is a guy earning your trust and swaying (stealing) your emotion based on falsities from a street criminal?

Frankly I have more respect for the POS who at least has the balls to ask for my wallet face to face.

Also, I do not believe for one second that Cory just "mis-spoke". His words, his promotion of himself, are well documented (as I and others have shown in this thread) to the point that any possibility of unintentional misrepresentation is completely negated.

EDIT: Hey, and you need to come out in the Fall btw. Big shoot. But keep it hush hush LOL. PM me.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    You're right. It only matters if it matters to you.

https://www.rangetimets.com/about-us/bios

Certainly misleading according to that DD-553, if that is real?

That said, I've known some brave soldiers who ended up with OTH discharges (other than honorable) . Not every shoe fits the foot.

If it doesn't, he should hurry up an file an appeal. Last time I looked there was a 15 year fuse.

So he should just say discharged not medically discharged? I guess you're right because to me that's small potatoes. Maybe he felt he had medical issues and the army wasn't so sure or maybe he just said that to gloss over some other BS. He isn't claiming to be anything in the military or to have been in combat so as possible lies go it is pretty insignificant to me.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    ...................... He isn't claiming to be anything in the military or to have been in combat so as possible lies go it is pretty insignificant to me............................

He claimed he was 11B. Not that he signed up to be trained as an infantryman, or he did some infantry training, or that he did not fully complete the training to become an 11B, just 11B. Misleading at best to cover the fact it looks like he did not complete his basic/AIT training, thus not receiving the designation. So I don't think he can ethically claim to be something he did not complete the training for. However, I don't remember exactly when you get that designation, but I think you must be eligible to graduate. Mind you it's been a few years since I completed that and a few other courses at Ft. Benning.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    He claimed he was 11B. Not that he signed up to be trained as an infantryman, or he did some infantry training, or that he did not fully complete the training to become an 11B, just 11B. Misleading at best to cover the fact it looks like he did not complete his basic/AIT training, thus not receiving the designation. So I don't think he can ethically claim to be something he did not complete the training for. However, I don't remember exactly when you get that designation, but I think you must be eligible to graduate. Mind you it's been a few years since I completed that and a few other courses at Ft. Benning.

Things may have changed, but an MOS used to be awarded/assigned only after completion of both Basic and AIT. That a good 3 to four months training.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    You know me and you know my intention is not to "smear" so why even go there?

Some, myself included, would argue that a misrepresentation of military service is (or should be damn the Supreme Court for striking the Stolen Valor Act) criminal and should be treated as such.

How different is a guy earning your trust and swaying (stealing) your emotion based on falsities from a street criminal?

Frankly I have more respect for the POS who at least has the balls to ask for my wallet face to face.

Also, I do not believe for one second that Cory just "mis-spoke". His words, his promotion of himself, are well documented (as I and others have shown in this thread) to the point that any possibility of unintentional misrepresentation is completely negated.

EDIT: Hey, and you need to come out in the Fall btw. Big shoot. But keep it hush hush LOL. PM me.

My apologies, didn't mean to imply that YOU were smearing. Just in general people jump to conclusions and often enough under false pretense. If he was using lies to promote himself, then, yes, I completely agree that should be public and he should be raked over the coals. I misunderstood your point and thought he was a potential victim of the "he said this years ago" or "we took it out of context on purpose, get him!" mentality (there I go proving my point about jumping to conclusions!).

Interested! PM sent!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    ... He isn't claiming to be anything in the military or to have been in combat so as possible lies go it is pretty insignificant to me.

He claimed the 11B MOS which would have required him to complete basic training and and OUST. He never even made it to basic, he went AWOL while still in reception (or before arriving at reception). He damn sure didn't complete OUST. Also if you look at the OP in one of the screen shots he claims something was "a habit from the sandbox" implying that he deployed to Iraq. He is a joke and is trying to obtain monetary gain from the theft of valor that he did not earn.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX

First ~4 minutes he's talking about legal issues due to the range and the community. Starting around 4:25 he's talking about what this thread is inferring.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

First ~4 minutes he's talking about legal issues due to the range and the community. Starting around 4:25 he's talking about what this thread is inferring.

Yeah but he did "come clean" about some of it without admitting much so there's that.

He just blames his "admins" for mis-communication.

I get the feeling that it all started out with a white lie out of embarrassment and snowballed as his popularity grew.

I can't say my opinion has changed but I do have a little respect for his making this last video to attempt to address the issue instead of hiding out hoping it would blow over although he looks nervous as hell and I'm not sure it did more good than harm.

I did notice that idiot James Yeager has posted a video in response supporting Cory which in my mind DEFINITELY does not help.

Maybe I need to fill in one of these so we can talk about it.

eby5ezad.jpg

Last edited:

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    We've all said things that weren't true at some point in our lives. Each and every one of us, and if you were to say you haven't, then you're lying. Doesn't matter what or how insignificant, we've all done it to some extent. Whether he's claimed anything before, or if it was someone acting upon his behalf, he's coming clean now about never serving.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    We've all said things that weren't true at some point in our lives. Each and every one of us, and if you were to say you haven't, then you're lying. Doesn't matter what or how insignificant, we've all done it to some extent. Whether he's claimed anything before, or if it was someone acting upon his behalf, he's coming clean now about never serving.

When he got called on it.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    When he got called on it.

Won't deny that, however, how many people of said something that wasn't true and then went out of their way to correct it without being "called out"? Not many people. Whether he's telling the truth about never having said it himself, or if it was an admin that said it on his behalf, I don't know. I'm just saying that he's clearing it up now. I've got no dog in the fight. Only videos I've ever watched of that channel were because of her being in them. He personally gets on my nerves.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

Point me to where he "came clean" about being 11B, I must of missed it?

Apparently today "coming clean"= providing excuses as justification for lying and blaming it on others - ie "the Admin" on the website.

Self serving Bullshit!

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Point me to where he "came clean" about being 11B, I must of missed it?

Apparently today "coming clean"= providing excuses as justification for lying and blaming it on others - ie "the Admin" on the website.

Bullshit!

He said he never served. How much cleaner do you need than that? Pretty straight and to the point, IMO.

Top Bottom