• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've seen this posted on other forums and it has been making the rounds across the net over the last day or so and I was wondering if anyone here has heard about it?

I know a lot of people in the gun world hold Cory in high regard. I've never met him in person and it's not my intention to smear his character, I'll let his own words and actions speak for themselves, but I do think people whose respect he has earned in part through fabricated military experience should be made aware of the situation and I think it's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

What is your opinion?

Have any pertinent info I failed to provide? Let's hear/see it!

I can say I have found this and it's pretty damning:

Cory was apprehended in Vigo County by the police on a AWOL warrant for not appearing at processing for Ft Benning. He went coward and bailed. Rather than put him through the ringer with the UCMJ, he just got kicked out on a general discharge. There is 'nothing' in his file about medical discharge or a heart murmur.

From the incident report:

Date of incident 2001, 0424/1300
    Absent from 30th AG BN Reception Ft. Benning, GA
    Cory DOB 5 Jan 78
    Unit affiliation, Alpha company, 30th Adjutant General Battalion (Reception) Fort Benning, GA
    Full Name: Jackson, Cory Alan
    On about 1300 hrs, 24 April 2001, without authority, absent himself from this unit, to wit: Alpha Company, 30th: Adjutant General Battalion (Reception), located at Fort Benning, Georgia, and did remain so absent until he was apprehended.

hype9aju.jpg

epujuzu9.jpg

vemydada.jpg

ynabydug.jpg

7azegy3a.jpg

utaseza2.jpg

ahezaheg.jpg

jyquba8e.jpg
    Guns International

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    he needs to delete any mention of honable and military from his record. he's doing more of a disservice to himself for even allowing that to be mentioned in his profile. everyone deserves a second chance, and looks like he found his niche...but to blatantly lie? it is feasible that he got the general discharge upgraded to an honorable...at least it wasnt a dishonorable... Id still pass on anything he offers even his discharge was upgraded just based on the principle and misleading people. Sorta like the yoyo running for congress I think from Georgia claiming he was a Green Beret. When the Stolen Valor team got after him, it was discovered that by a fluke military change in policy, yes he was a green beret, though was not special forces qualified at all. there was a time period in the early 2000's that all personal assigned to SF(even cooks) wore the green beret.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I don't know who he is & I've never seen any of his videos
    what I do know of him, I do not like him very much.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I've seen this posted on other forums and it has been making the rounds across the net over the last day or so and I was wondering if anyone here has heard about it?

I know a lot of people in the gun world hold Cory in high regard.

Not really. He is just a student who is regurgitating what he was taught. His and that chick are students of a very questionable instructor. I am not aware of any instructor level training either of them have had.

I wouldn't take a class from them.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    he needs to delete any mention of honable and military from his record. he's doing more of a disservice to himself for even allowing that to be mentioned in his profile. everyone deserves a second chance, and looks like he found his niche...but to blatantly lie? it is feasible that he got the general discharge upgraded to an honorable...at least it wasnt a dishonorable... Id still pass on anything he offers even his discharge was upgraded just based on the principle and misleading people. Sorta like the yoyo running for congress I think from Georgia claiming he was a Green Beret. When the Stolen Valor team got after him, it was discovered that by a fluke military change in policy, yes he was a green beret, though was not special forces qualified at all. there was a time period in the early 2000's that all personal assigned to SF(even cooks) wore the green beret.

My dad was a green beret (Pics or gtfo, I know. I'll post them when I get home this weekend)

And no.

The berets of the mid to late 90's to early to mid 00's were stupid and I have to point out that they weren't only issued in green. They also came in such festive colors as maroon and even black!

I've really got no dog in the fight as I wore a cowboy hat.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Not really. He is just a student who is regurgitating what he was taught. His and that chick are students of a very questionable instructor. I am not aware of any instructor level training either of them have had.

I added emphasis.

And yeah. The "instructor" has weighed in on the subject; I just refuse to post the link because it's pointless.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    While I have little care to this, I always wonder how easily things can turn spiraling out of control in the media due to one misconstrued statement or if he just misspoke (we all have done it). If you went to basic, weren't you technically in the army and is there any proof those documents are his? Just asking. Does the guy do good work? Is the training he provides valid? Past that, meh, don't care. But if, as TXI noted, his teachings are harmful or false or questionable, then the guy should be called out. But don't smear a guy that does good work because of possible semantics or misinformation.

Sent From This Tablet They Call A Phone, The G Flex

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Watched a few of their videos. They were entertaining but not instructive. I think they're over-reliant on Erika's sex appeal and while there is nothing wrong with that it doesn't replace the lack of content or useful information. (How's that for a run on sentence?) I can find hot babes all over the Interwebz so I don't need them for that.

If he's falsely claiming military service that's pretty crappy. Just take it off your resume and don't talk about it. I get that. Either that or own up to it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    It seems the gun training community has some folks like this. They use any edge (true or not) to get a leg up on the competition in advertising, attention, resume, etc. believing it necessary to succeed. Uninformed customers will try to gravitate to perceived heroes over those who have not served. The blind assumption that anyone who served must know what they are talking about, is of good character, and thus must be a better choice than those that have not served is strong, and also false. Too many people know how to just fake it enough to get by many of those who have not lived in that environment.

The bad publicity and exposed lies did not seem to hurt James Yeager much. These guys will try and push through it also.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    It seems the gun training community has some folks like this. They use any edge (true or not) to get a leg up on the competition in advertising, attention, resume, etc. believing it necessary to succeed. Uninformed customers will try to gravitate to perceived heroes over those who have not served. The blind assumption that anyone who served must know what they are talking about, is of good character, and thus must be a better choice than those that have not served is strong, and also false. Too many people know how to just fake it enough to get by many of those who have not lived in that environment.

The bad publicity and exposed lies did not seem to hurt James Yeager much. These guys will try and push through it also.

As an aside much of the "Gun Community" does say that they certain training must be done by Ex- fill in the blank. Somehow being in the military or under fire is a requirement to being able to be a quality instructor. I personally don't agree and wouldn't pad my resume but I can also see the pressure to embellish if that is what you want to do. I'm also wondering what exactly it is that is supposed to be upsetting here. That he had an issue and left the military? So he can't say he was in the military at all? But wouldn't that also be a lie? I guess he just shouldn't mention anything at all but in the whole scheme of things it seems a minor deal.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    As an aside much of the "Gun Community" does say that they certain training must be done by Ex- fill in the blank. Somehow being in the military or under fire is a requirement to being able to be a quality instructor.

Yep, that is a huge fallacy to.

I've known a lot of genuine badasses in military and law enforcement. They were in the minority. I know plenty of guys who just did their time and got out and were maybe really good at their MOS but that was it as far as firearms. Most police officers I've known personally didn't know much about guns other than their EDC.

That's just buying into the myth of "trained professionals". Some of these "professionals" train less in the military and law enforcement than many gun owners I know.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I guess he just shouldn't mention anything at all but in the whole scheme of things it seems a minor deal.

You're right. It only matters if it matters to you.

https://www.rangetimets.com/about-us/bios

Certainly misleading according to that DD-553, if that is real?

That said, I've known some brave soldiers who ended up with OTH discharges (other than honorable) . Not every shoe fits the foot.

If it doesn't, he should hurry up an file an appeal. Last time I looked there was a 15 year fuse.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy

+1. Mostly silly commandos. Without the "and Erika" no one would give this guy any consideration.

Top Bottom