• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hwarang54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2014
    No he didn't. He posted a video yesterday afternoon explaining nothing and blaming others which we have discussed at length (just do a little scrolling and reading).

He has posted nothing since.
    As suggested, I read the entire thread. That being said, I, too, have no dog in this fight as I have personally never served. I can, however, understand the anger that is felt here. I am the son, grandson and friends of veterans. I express my gratitude daily.

Whether Corey served or not isn't of any real interest to me, and researching it to find out really isn't worth the effort. I have more important things to do with my time. That's the way I feel about it and I will leave it at that.
    Lynx Defense

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    It should be of interest to every American whether or not this guy is lying. Thou shall not lie, cheat or steal nor tolerate those who do!

I was in a Home Depot the other day and was buying somethign. They offer a 10% discount for veterans. I said I was a vet as I showed my ID card, the gal said I don't need to see it. I said yes mam you do need to see if, you make everyone asking for a discount to prove they are a veteran, you are insulting veterans and active duty when you don't...

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    This is hardly the first time I've seen people essentially defend a liar on the Internet and wonder why it matters.

I read everything on the Internet with a heaping helping of salt. Still, I try to give people the benefit of doubt. We trust people to be honest because in a world of anonymity there is less reason to lie.

I don't like liars in general. It is a betrayal of trust, it is disrespectful. I'm sure there are people on TGT that aren't completely honest. Fine, if I find out then I'll know who I am dealing with. I know people aren't always 100% honest but when caught in a lie I expect them to come clean. Refusing to come clean means you think I'm dumb enough to still believe you after I know the facts.

What's even worse are lies done for personal profit. People are evaluating the quality of the training for Corey based on a past that isn't even real. Granted, not sure if I would consider handgun training from someone based on their infantry experience. Those things don't go together. Whatever, that military background makes for good marketing and he knows it or he wouldn't have listed it as a qualification. Nobody likes being deceived and just because you weren't the one deceived doesn't make it ok.

This guy deserves all the crap being flung his way. Every last bit of it.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    It should be of interest to every American whether or not this guy is lying. Thou shall not lie, cheat or steal nor tolerate those who do!

I was in a Home Depot the other day and was buying somethign. They offer a 10% discount for veterans. I said I was a vet as I showed my ID card, the gal said I don't need to see it. I said yes mam you do need to see if, you make everyone asking for a discount to prove they are a veteran, you are insulting veterans and active duty when you don't...

Quick off topic -

Just an FYI, Lowe's gives a 10% veteran discount every day all year round. And 20 - 30% on certain holidays and store events they do just for vets.

I asked for a discount at the Home Depot in McKinney and the cashier had to bring out the manager who explained to me that they love veterans and offer veteran discounts on 2 days out of the year and offered to show me the calendar showing the dates. I politely told her that would not be necessary and haven't been back since. No need with Lowe's right across the street.

Funny thing is the Home Depot in Odessa gives me a vet discount every time without even blinking an eye so I'm thinking this has to be a thing with the store manager at the McKinney location and don't shop at other locations so I have no idea what kind of company wide policy they might have for Veteran discounts.

Also, I was checking out at Cabelas in Allen and they have signs posted at every register informing of their new Veteran discount policy that pretty much matches Lowe's "every day" policy and also similarly offer 20 to even 40% discounts on certain holidays.

Back on topic: Yup, stolen valor is bad.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Quick off topic -

Just an FYI, Lowe's gives a 10% veteran discount every day all year round. And 20 - 30% on certain holidays and store events they do just for vets.

I asked for a discount at the Home Depot in McKinney and the cashier had to bring out the manager who explained to me that they love veterans and offer veteran discounts on 2 days out of the year and offered to show me the calendar showing the dates. I politely told her that would not be necessary and haven't been back since. No need with Lowe's right across the street.

Funny thing is the Home Depot in Odessa gives me a vet discount every time without even blinking an eye so I'm thinking this has to be a thing with the store manager at the McKinney location and don't shop at other locations so I have no idea what kind of company wide policy they might have for Veteran discounts.

Also, I was checking out at Cabelas in Allen and they have signs posted at every register informing of their new Veteran discount policy that pretty much matches Lowe's "every day" policy and also similarly offer 20 to even 40% discounts on certain holidays.

Back on topic: Yup, stolen valor is bad.

I saw the manager of our local HD and told him I am remodeling the house, from the studs out and when I was a couple of months ago they would not give a vets discount on the insulation I bought. He said yea, that is building materials and they give a discount for that...YEA, Lowes does and I have spent over $30k at Lowes in the past 2 mo. Well if you had to see me we could have worked a deal, I said at Lowes I don't have to work a deal and I have to drive 15 miles further to shop there, you should think about that.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    The stolen valor thing pisses me off as well.

What pisses me off even more?

The double standard that occurs when folks try to ruin this poor sap while they leave alone famous service members who embellished or even lied about certain things, like the dude who called himself the "deadliest" sniper in U.S. history, when that honor probably goes to Carlos Hathcock, or the other SEAL they recently made a movie about who most likely embellished the number of Taliban they were attacked by.

And this is only scratching the surface. Anyone who follows this kind of stuff knows that there is a lot of debating and speculating in the area of "what actually happened" but the people who are getting their panties all in a wad about the stolen valor of Cory are conveniently choosing a soft target, a prissy tactical guy who most people hate anyway rather than shining the light on everyone, even the supposed "heroes."

Basically you are saying it is okay to destroy this insignificant guy because we don't like him, but lets elevate these other guys because their lies serve our political purposes or because it elevates them to iconic hero status.

I say just leave them alone and tell whatever stories they want to tell. If people are foolish enough to believe them, then that's their problem.

Last edited:

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Lying about his service . . . .that is a problem

Making money from people who give him that money to take training based on his experiences that he gained from above service and combat tours . . . that is an even bigger problem.

and honestly, that is the biggest problem. lying to get peoples money

1. when he didn't even have to lie.
    2. Misrepresenting the background that his training is based upon.

this is bad for the whole training industry.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    An aside to the above Home Depot comments, different stores handle it differently. One I frequent you can't use the lumber dept checkout to get the discount, others no issues where you check out. Never had a problem on any day of the year getting it. In the past few weeks I have used it the stores in Clear Lake Shores, Conroe, Humble and Porter with no problems.

Another reason I am glad I had my veteran status noted on my Texas Drivers License, proves the fact every time :)

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Lying about his service . . . .that is a problem

Making money from people who give him that money to take training based on his experiences that he gained from above service and combat tours . . . that is an even bigger problem.

and honestly, that is the biggest problem. lying to get peoples money

1. when he didn't even have to lie.
    2. Misrepresenting the background that his training is based upon.

this is bad for the whole training industry.

Agreed.....

Top Bottom