• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    As frustrating as it is-the cop was outnumbered by a large aggressive group who probably wouldnt have been thrilled to find out he was an undercover cop. He was probably better off laying low for his own safety.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not gonna Monday morning QB the cops situation. I bet he is doing that enough already.

Wish he would have/could have done something. Sounds to me like the prosecution will have a damn good witness to use against these dirtbags.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Whoops, shoulda read the article.

Sounds pretty bad on the surface but not gonna say anything else until I read it. Even then, may be a lot going on that the article doesn't mention.

Could have been investigating a drug dealer who was part of the ride. Lots of reasons an undercover cop could be around criminals who weren't the targets of his investigation.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Update...there was FIVE (5) cops in the group, and...none of them were "undercover" although one is claiming he is a narc and thus did not want to be exposed as a cop. The other four...they did not act or step forward because they were afraid of being punished.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9274018

Ah, Thin Blue Line, we love you and your ability to keep cops from any repercussions for their actions or lack of actions.

That said...they must not have been Texas motorcycle "cops" as the bikers in the videos were all well under typical Texas motorcycle "cop" weight...girth...Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man configuration...

Alex

Last edited:

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Update...there was FIVE (5) cops in the group, and...none of them were "undercover" although one is claiming he is a narc and thus did not want to be exposed as a cop. The other four...they did not act or step forward because they were afraid of being punished.

Another in custody, 5 off-duty officers among bikers in SUV confrontation | 7online.com

Ah, Thin Blue Line, we love you and your ability to keep cops from any repercussions for their actions or lack of actions.

That said...they must not have been Texas motorcycle "cops" as the bikers in the videos were all well under typical Texas motorcycle "cop" weight...girth...Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man configuration...

Alex

But I'd tend to think the cops around here would do something than sit quietly during an attack. Maybe I'm wrong.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    But I'd tend to think the cops around here would do something than sit quietly during an attack. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think that depends on where you are. Remember the protestors in Houston that shut down the highway for 45 min? Where were even the uniformed officers?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

I think we are under the mistaken impression that they are required to do something.

While we would all like to know that if we were in a situation like that any off duty cop nearby would jump in to help I think that decision is up the individual officer. I think the courts have ruled that they have no duty to protect us in every circumstance.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    As per my "name", I am an ex-crotch rocket rider.
    Rode in a few fairly large groups, & we would have never done anything like this.
    Don't go lumping us all into one group....

This was a truly F-ed up experience.
    Can we lump all New Yorkers together???

Note to self, if a buncha stupid bikers start messing with you, call the cops stay in the car and keep moving... Once the cops show up. Then confront them about the accident...

Top Bottom