• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yea I climbed up kudu mountain and stalked around it for miles. On the mountain opposite of us, a big bull was working his way down across to us. I had him at 388 yards but he quickly ran off. We continued stalking across this rock ledge that was about 50 feet to the top of the mountain which was a plateau. Finally setup on this giant after awhile. I was lobsided on a steep decline hunched over my rifle on shooting sticks for about 30 minutes until he walked out. I saw the horns first and had some buck fever but I smashed him right and I recovered the bullet, 175gr barnes lrx

View attachment 387831 View attachment 387832
    Need to put the bullet on the mount when you get it back

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yea I climbed up kudu mountain and stalked around it for miles. On the mountain opposite of us, a big bull was working his way down across to us. I had him at 388 yards but he quickly ran off. We continued stalking across this rock ledge that was about 50 feet to the top of the mountain which was a plateau. Finally setup on this giant after awhile. I was lobsided on a steep decline hunched over my rifle on shooting sticks for about 30 minutes until he walked out. I saw the horns first and had some buck fever but I smashed him right and I recovered the bullet, 175gr barnes lrx

View attachment 387831 View attachment 387832
    Very nice Kudu bull!

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Here are some pictures of the mountain.
    IMG_5624.jpeg
    IMG_5606.jpeg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Horn length? Would be curious as to how much weight the bullet retained as well as approx penetration

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Horn length? Would be curious as to how much weight the bullet retained as well as approx penetration
    Havent taped it yet but I believe it is at 50”. Ill weigh the bullet once I am home and the bullet broke the neck & the top of the right shoulder and came to rest right up against the skin on the opposite shoulder. You could feel the bullet through the hide. He was at a very strange angle but since his beck got hit he was DRT other than sliding 30 feet down the hill and coming to rest by a very tall aloe tree

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Be careful with that bullet. My neighbor tried to bring one back in his pocket and was detained by customs and after a hour they let him go but confiscated his bullet.

Top Bottom