• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Dead tired today. Spent all day after these two over a low fence property that is 3700 hectares (9100 ish acres). Absolutely massive

Ambushed the gemsbok by lying on top of an old dam wall in high grass. 50 yard heart shot

The black wildebeest was pure luck. They stay in the open so long range shots are the norm. Wind wasnt great but this old rutting bull was too busy fighting so it allowed for a crawl up to about 250 yards. Shot him in the neck as the grass was very thick and covered up to his shoulders

These are high plains up on the mountains. Very similar to wyoming

View attachment 387149
    View attachment 387150
    Hell. Yeah!x2
    Capitol Armory ad

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Chased zebras most of the day. Finally able to put a stalk in when a smaller herd was distracted by a bushbuck barking. 250 yards off a harris bipod. Ran 20 yards and piled up.

This is four animals that are either DRT or dying within 30 yards. I am now a believer in Barnes LRX

IMG_5498.jpeg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Awesome!

My brother in law called in a zebra with IHunt app and a bluetooth speaker. lol

Not sure where he hunted in SA.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Chased zebras most of the day. Finally able to put a stalk in when a smaller herd was distracted by a bushbuck barking. 250 yards off a harris bipod. Ran 20 yards and piled up.

This is four animals that are either DRT or dying within 30 yards. I am now a believer in Barnes LRX

View attachment 387317
    If you have not eaten any of your other kills ( common thing there ) you should have camp chef cook you a tenderloin steak from the zebra. Amazing stuff right there

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    If you have not eaten any of your other kills ( common thing there ) you should have camp chef cook you a tenderloin steak from the zebra. Amazing stuff right there
    Yes the other animals were donated to the villagers but I was able to cut a tenderloin out of this zebra and the camp cook is cooking it up tonight. Ill post a picture of it

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

View attachment 387317
    Now you git a nice rug.

Outphuckingstanding!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yes the other animals were donated to the villagers but I was able to cut a tenderloin out of this zebra and the camp cook is cooking it up tonight. Ill post a picture of it
    Are the people you booked with Afrikaans or English decent?
    Donate the meat to local villagers I call bullshit. The guys I hunted with would eat kidneys & liver, with the rest being sold. The game meat is worth more then any domesticated meat there.

Even blood shot meat would not find its way to the support staff in camp. The got the Mielie pap ration as required by law. Hell we had it with every brunch(breakfast being coffee & Rusk) with left over on it.

The very last trip I made had a father & son. The old man was ok, but the kid was a man bitch. He didn't understand the tracker/driver not sitting down eating with us. First full day in camp the old man says I don't want to leave. The boy wanted to go to Soweto & Robin Island. One town we stopped he was quickly lost handing out money like he was feeding birds.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Are the people you booked with Afrikaans or English decent?
    Donate the meat to local villagers I call bullshit. The guys I hunted with would eat kidneys & liver, with the rest being sold. The game meat is worth more then any domesticated meat there.

Even blood shot meat would not find its way to the support staff in camp. The got the Mielie pap ration as required by law. Hell we had it with every brunch(breakfast being coffee & Rusk) with left over on it.

The very last trip I made had a father & son. The old man was ok, but the kid was a man bitch. He didn't understand the tracker/driver not sitting down eating with us. First full day in camp the old man says I don't want to leave. The boy wanted to go to Soweto & Robin Island. One town we stopped he was quickly lost handing out money like he was feeding birds.
    Idk man thats what I am seeing but fk if I know for sure

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    MTA,

Sounds like your having a great time!

You might consider adding Zebra on the thread "Weird Foods you Enjoy".

But, I think Zebra, while I think it rather exotic, it's not 'weird'.

I know horse/donkey flesh is beloved beloved by many as it has greater flavor vs beef.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Looks way overcooked. Do they have a huge amount of condiments on their table? Peri Peri Sauce, Monkey Gland Sauce, Honey Badger Honey, a couple of different chutneys?

I remember the great debate I had with them over their beef .vs Texas beef. I ate lots of lamb while there. Ate a lot of avocados too. I remember a salad with pineapple, Avos, farmers cheese & lettuce that was out of this world. The ranch on the border with Rhodesia had lots of crossed citrus trees out be the pool. The orange lime hybrids were excellent eating.

Have you been down to the processing room? Bushbuck are a nice trophy. Bush pigs if available.

Top Bottom