• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yea I put mine inside an ammo box inside the the locked ammo case. Is he nuts? Why the heck did he put it in his pocket?
    I can't remember which trip it was that I made, but the guy next to me claimed he was the handgun Hunting Editor with Peterson's. When we went to clear US CustomsThey want to look in you gun case and make sure it matches the form you filled out claiming what you took. Peterson guy had a small 3 handgun case. I had a heavy ass Pelican travel vault. His shit wasn't in order & they didn't give a shit who he said he was.. He starts arguing with the agent as the agent told him to move out of the way, while motioning me next. Old dude stood the befuddled like a democrat.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I can't remember which trip it was that I made, but the guy next to me claimed he was the handgun Hunting Editor with Peterson's. When we went to clear US CustomsThey want to look in you gun case and make sure it matches the form you filled out claiming what you took. Peterson guy had a small 3 handgun case. I had a heavy ass Pelican travel vault. His shit wasn't in order & they didn't give a shit who he said he was.. He starts arguing with the agent as the agent told him to move out of the way, while motioning me next. Old dude stood the befuddled like a democrat.
    Yea the rifle permit folks who helped me on the SAPS side said they just had some dumbass show up in SA without a stamp and signature on his 4457. SAPS kept his rifle locked in their vault for when he goes to leave SA. He is so fucked once he gets back into the US as the CBP is going to give him hell over his incomplete 4457.

SAPS told the rifle permit service that they lied to them and the American guy was being a total dickhead to them as well. He lied and said he had a stamped and signed 4457 in his rifle case but that was a lie.

Retards like this give us a bad name overseas

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yea the rifle permit folks who helped me on the SAPS side said they just had some dumbass show up in SA without a stamp and signature on his 4457. SAPS kept his rifle locked in their vault for when he goes to leave SA. He is so fucked once he gets back into the US as the CBP is going to give him hell over his incomplete 4457.

SAPS told the rifle permit service that they lied to them and the American guy was being a total dickhead to them as well. He lied and said he had a stamped and signed 4457 in his rifle case but that was a lie.

Retards like this give us a bad name overseas
    My last safari I actually traveled with a Dad & Lad team meeting up in Atlanta. They drove to Atlanta supposedly to bond. I think it had to do with money. Seeing them in the Airport was embarrassing. It was if they picked up the Cabela's catalog & just bought everything in the safe collection. When they got to the counter it took them 10 minutes to find their tickets. Once their they find out they are overweight to the tune of $500.00.

Next going through security to the ticket issue comes up again. Plus I swear they add metal to their clothing. As the start eating up time I realize I need to carry the old mans excess luggage. Then the man child gets all butt hurt that I don't offer to carry his luggage. he now thinks we are gone to the wrong shuttle train to the plane. I get on the train & they both just barely do thinking I'm wrong. At the terminal they start rehashing shit they have been wrong about & blame me. I get up & go sit in the smokers lounge until it's time to fly.

We arrive in Joburg & the don't grad their gun cases for all their suitcases. I go & get their guns for them making me the last one to clear customs into RSA. Pieter the PH we worked with got nervous & came looking, he even smuggled me a triple Gin & Tonic. With all their luggage it just barely fitted in the vehicle. Before we leave Pieter make the restroom announcement. Ten minutes into the ride hey need to stop.Then they are to scared to use the squat & shit in the hole the place has.

About 3/4 the way to the camp they want to eat. Then they got butt hurt I bought, even more butt hurt at the amount of drinking going on. We drive at camp in the no light pollution under the souther cross. Next morning they are late, then pissed they are not getting anything more the rusk & coffee. I hand them both Kind bars candy bars.

The best thing that happened when Pieter declares phone night. Man Child calls his wife or fiancee the time. He's really hogging up the phone for so long that he starts whimpering & crying. everyone is hope's a heart attack or stroke when it was just cramping up from hold trephine for so long. He proceeded to drink the two kids pineapple soda an eat all of the junk food. He wanted to leave the next morning. His dad said he just wanted to stay.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    My last safari I actually traveled with a Dad & Lad team meeting up in Atlanta. They drove to Atlanta supposedly to bond. I think it had to do with money. Seeing them in the Airport was embarrassing. It was if they picked up the Cabela's catalog & just bought everything in the safe collection. When they got to the counter it took them 10 minutes to find their tickets. Once their they find out they are overweight to the tune of $500.00.

Next going through security to the ticket issue comes up again. Plus I swear they add metal to their clothing. As the start eating up time I realize I need to carry the old mans excess luggage. Then the man child gets all butt hurt that I don't offer to carry his luggage. he now thinks we are gone to the wrong shuttle train to the plane. I get on the train & they both just barely do thinking I'm wrong. At the terminal they start rehashing shit they have been wrong about & blame me. I get up & go sit in the smokers lounge until it's time to fly.

We arrive in Joburg & the don't grad their gun cases for all their suitcases. I go & get their guns for them making me the last one to clear customs into RSA. Pieter the PH we worked with got nervous & came looking, he even smuggled me a triple Gin & Tonic. With all their luggage it just barely fitted in the vehicle. Before we leave Pieter make the restroom announcement. Ten minutes into the ride hey need to stop.Then they are to scared to use the squat & shit in the hole the place has.

About 3/4 the way to the camp they want to eat. Then they got butt hurt I bought, even more butt hurt at the amount of drinking going on. We drive at camp in the no light pollution under the souther cross. Next morning they are late, then pissed they are not getting anything more the rusk & coffee. I hand them both Kind bars candy bars.

The best thing that happened when Pieter declares phone night. Man Child calls his wife or fiancee the time. He's really hogging up the phone for so long that he starts whimpering & crying. everyone is hope's a heart attack or stroke when it was just cramping up from hold trephine for so long. He proceeded to drink the two kids pineapple soda an eat all of the junk food. He wanted to leave the next morning. His dad said he just wanted to stay.
    Sounds like the old man didnt raise his son geez

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Sounds and looks like you had an interesting trip. Thanks for sharing with us less somewhat fortunate folks who can't afford to go on an African safari other than vicariously.

By the way, that first photo you showed, the one of the hill country, immediately brought to mind the movie Zulu with Michael Caine. The photos of the game you took were awesome. Excellent hunt and nice job posting about it..

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Sounds and looks like you had an interesting trip. Thanks for sharing with us less somewhat fortunate folks who can't afford to go on an African safari other than vicariously.

By the way, that first photo you showed, the one of the hill country, immediately brought to mind the movie Zulu with Michael Caine. The photos of the game you took were awesome. Excellent hunt and nice job posting about it..
    That is a great movie.

That reminds me that there were some air bnbers renting out one of the lodge buildings. They were from Durban which is in the zulu area of SA. They told me that the modern day zulus are lazy and violent. The first to protest and the first to not show up to work. Described as a “warring tribe”

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That is a great movie.
    That reminds me that there were some air bnbers renting out one of the lodge buildings. They were from Durban which is in the zulu area of SA. They told me that the modern day zulus are lazy and violent. The first to protest and the first to not show up to work. Described as a “warring tribe”
    Watch video of Durban beaches

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Weight retention
    IMG_5749.jpeg
    IMG_5748.jpeg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well, I have made plans to return next year in August. Taking the wife to Austria for a week and then I will leave from there and head back to SA for another trip.Also tentatively, I will return in 2025 with the two hunters I shared camp with this time. Good dudes from South Carolina & Florida!
    Here is everything I was able to get on while I was there:
    Blesbok, Gemsbok, Black Wildebeest, Burchell's Zebra, Cape Kudu, Impala, Springbok
    IMG_5389 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5440 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5454 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5490 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5615 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5628 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5658 - Copy.jpg

Top Bottom