• ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I went from using a Treo to using an Blackberry, back to using a Treo, then to the iPhone...first a 3, then a 3g. now the 3gs...they are all great phones, depending on what you NEED/WANT a smart phone for. I want it to talk on, and for email, so I don't have to dig out a laptop at every stop to check it. With the iPhone I find myself searching the internet more often, and using some of the other apps (like where's the closest StarBucks)...but I like the G1 my son is using, too...

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Does anyone have an iPhone, or other brand of smart phone? I need to get with the times, and I've avoided texting long enough that's it's becoming problematic with people trying to contact me throughout the day.

What do you think of your current phone / provider?

Screw texting. I use a phone for it's intended purpose - calls. Anyone that texts me, owes me $0.20 for each text.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Blackberry Bold is a great phone. Especially if you live by being connected to your emails....tons of great apps too. it has 3 G capability and wi-fi as well. the Blackberry server is also the most secure server....I am told thats why the govt uses Blackberries for many top level posts.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Dissapointed in the iphone

With all the iphone hype, the bug finally bit and I purchased the 3g version. Not wanting to go with the iphone 4 yet because of the problems with reception.

Well was I disgusted with the very poor reception of the 3gs model as well. I have almost zero usage while in the house. I can't even text the coverage is so poor. I even invested in a cell phone booster to help with this problem, but has helped very little.

So without trying anymore I put my dependable Palm Treo Pro back in service. No problems with coverage in the house anymore.

Come on Apple, fix the problems as I'd really like to use the iphone.:mad:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The wife and boys got me a HTC Hero for Christmas. My previous phone was from the stone age. There was a bit of a learning curve, but now that I've got it figured out I don't know how I lived without it previously. It is great for searching the web if a question comes up at the gun show, or entertaining me when stuck at the airport due to a delayed flight. Texting is a great way to keep in constant touch with my family while on the road (you can only call so many times, and it's easy to text during a boring meeting), and the Driod offers so many applications that you can easily download that the thing has an endless number of possibilities. I even have an AK-47 application that allows me to load up 75-round drums and fire away!

I was anti-technology when it came to smart phones as well, but they are so useful that I see how ridiculous that mindset is in this day and age. There really is no reason not to have one, they are cheap and worth the money. You can be a laggard; but all you are doing is denying yourself a great way to make life easier! As we used to say in the Air Force..."Any fool can suffer!"

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    I got the Droid and wish I had known the Droid X was coming out. The first droid I had worked find for a few months then started acting up. Some how, I'm not sure how, but I could have been in the area in which physics cracked the screen. Crazy physics. I paid for a replacement and it has been an utter POS from ummmmmm day 10 I guess. Once I get a couple more pay checks in the bank, verizon is getting a call and I will be getting a better phone.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Since I had tried the i-phone, which I had issues with, and had gone back to my trusted Palm, it too started to wear out.

I just got the Blackberry Torch and it is one amazing smart phone. The apps that are available are numerous, video and photo quality are super! I guess because Blackberry has been around for so long, they have their stuff together!

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I just got rid of the Crackberry Storm for a Driod X.

The Droid X hasn't crashed yet. It also has ballistic software available which I will pickl up next week.

and, it hs a mil-dot converter.

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    Since I had tried the i-phone, which I had issues with, and had gone back to my trusted Palm, it too started to wear out.

I just got the Blackberry Torch and it is one amazing smart phone. The apps that are available are numerous, video and photo quality are super! I guess because Blackberry has been around for so long, they have their stuff together!

How’s the battery life on the Torch? My old BB 8330 lasts 2 or 3 days without needing to go on the charger. When I had my Windows mobile phone, I had to take to off the charger in the morning and it had to go back on the charger when I got home. I’ve never had to do that with any of my BB’s and that’s one of the reasons I’ve never gone back to a smart phone. I’m due for a new BB at work, and was thinking about the Torch when it gets ported to Verizon.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Wife has an iPhone 4 - POS. Bad reception in the house. I accidently dropped it and the back glass shattered. This is her third iPhone. Wouldnt own one and my wife now wants my Droid X.

I have a Droid X. Probably the best smart phone I've owned so far. Love the huge screen. Swype makes typing on screen doable. I hate most on screen keyboards, but swype is pretty freaking cool. EVDO works very nicely. Put PDANET on your phone and then you can tether with your laptop and have internet access wherever you go. Also works with Bluetooth, but the speed seems to drop a bit. I run an app to keep track of my running, it uses GPS to track my location and time so I know that I'm able to run/walk a mile every 10 minutes.

We also have a Droid 2 and a Droid. All excellent phones. My daughter likes her Droid 2. Doesnt actually use any minutes, just sends a bazillion text messages per day. IF you have kids get the unlimited text plan or you'll get raped by the phone company. Trust me.

Go android. **** the iphone. Forget windows phones (coming from a former Microsoft employee).

BDHES

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    LaCoste, TX
    Blackberry 9700 Bold. I live and die by email, and it's by far the best device for that. I would love to have an I Phone for the huge selection of aps, but now that RIM has pre-loaded all my Microsoft needs into the berry, it's not too shabby itself. .doc, .pdf, .xls etc. The hd video is amazing too, and with Tmobile having the cheapest unlimited data plan out there at 24.99 a month for BIS, you can't really go wrong. I would have gone with an I phone just for the extras, but I am an ATT hater, so until they get rid of ATT as the sole provider, "aint" going to happen. I also don't want to jailbreak one, because I'm hard on equipment, and with my luck, it'll bust and once they're broke, no more warranty.

Thanks,
    BD

Top Bottom