• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Does anyone have an iPhone, or other brand of smart phone? I need to get with the times, and I've avoided texting long enough that's it's becoming problematic with people trying to contact me throughout the day.

What do you think of your current phone / provider?
    Guns International

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The wife and kids got me a Sprint Android for Christmas. It took me a few days to get used to it (my old phone was five years old, and very basic), but now I love it! I am amazed at what it can do, and am much happier now that I can keep "in touch" while out and about. Highly recommended!

Cheers! M2

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    My work phone is a Blackberry, and for email and texting it is OUTSTANDING. It is on the AT&T network, and my coverage is not as good as my personal service with Verizon.

I have an Omnia as my personal phone and I love the touchscreen, but typing is easier for me on a regular keyboard.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i have a verizon droid eris, i used to have a hacked iphone working on verizon, the iphone didnt have a dataservice since it was hacked but it didnt everything an iphone can do (text, web browse, apps) i love the droid way more than the iphone the only thing i miss is touchgrind lol. most of my friends and family now have a droid of some sort.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've got a G1 on tmobile. I like it quite a bit... I've only barely scratched the surface of what the phone can do. I like that I can do everything for my job on my phone... I've had tmobile for about 5 years an am happy with them. I had a sidekick2 before the G1. I never could get into texting until I had a full keyboard and now it's all I want to do. I hate talking on the phone, lol...

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Whatever you do, don't deal with Boost. They are completely incompetent, send you stupid texts all of the time, and are just a total clusterf&%$.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    i have a verizon droid eris, i used to have a hacked iphone working on verizon, the iphone didnt have a dataservice since it was hacked but it didnt everything an iphone can do (text, web browse, apps) i love the droid way more than the iphone the only thing i miss is touchgrind lol. most of my friends and family now have a droid of some sort.

Droid looks really badass, but it's also $199 on top of a $100+ / mo. plan. I need to see what the 450 minute plan entails in reference to texting usage.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have the Droid with Verizon, and I love it. The texting is an add on in several quantity options. I have been with Verizon a while, so every 20 months I get $100 off the 2 year contract pricing. I have mine set at 250 texts a month for $5. Even better is that there are a lot of free apps, including games and ringtones.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    I have an iphone 3G that i have owned for a little over two years. I am real pleased with it and At&t works well for me and I travel a lot. the only place I have found where I have a little trouble is in Denver, but it still works, just have a hard time hitting the web sometimes. It works well for me because I have everything on one device (gps, tunes, movies, phone, etc.). I like the droid, but its on verizon and i don't like verizon, plus the droid doesn't have an extensive apps base yet. Once I find a good android based phone I like that is on at&t and the apps database has grown, i will likely check one out since they are i open and apple is proporietary...

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I use a Blackberry through Verizon and I love it.

This is my first smart phone and it makes many things easier. I text sometimes and I use the internet browser for work and play.
    Relatives sear by the I Phone but you pockets need to be a little deeper with it. Check out warranties on smart phones too, there are a few differences and they might influence your decision. The track ball on my Blackberry stopped working. I went into the store, they opened up a new one and transferred over all of my info in a matter of minutes. My brother damaged his I Phone and had to buy a new one.
    Something about his warranty or lack thereof.

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    My wife has the newest iphone (can't remember which version) and all I have is a basic crappy little motorola MP3 phone through sprint, now I know this isn't true everywhere, but where we live when ever we go somewhere I can never leave my phone at home because nobody can ever get through to her phone, will always go straight to voice mail because of horrible AT&T service. And the problems are even worse because all her friends, and family have iphones too, so their always calling me to talk to her, and find out why her phone is always turned off (which it isn't).

Now I love the iphone, for apps, texting, and a host of other things it works great (the apps are really what mwkes it a good phone) but for AT&T service it's a no go for me, I'd either go with a Droid, the new Palm pre plus (which is awsome, much better than the first one), or just wait till this summer, apple is supposed to start making the iphone available for Verizon.

Just my suggestions.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I would say get a blackberry with a full keyboard, I don't have one myself but will get one when I redo contract.

I have Verizon here in Tyler only because it was Alltel until Verizon bought them out, and I always have perfect reception. The phone I do use has a sliding keyboard and it is so much easier to type on that just the regular numerical pad.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    Droid looks really badass, but it's also $199 on top of a $100+ / mo. plan. I need to see what the 450 minute plan entails in reference to texting usage.

that blows with my plan the phone was free and all i pay is 80 bucks a month for unlimited everything

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I would say get a blackberry with a full keyboard, I don't have one myself but will get one when I redo contract.

I have Verizon here in Tyler only because it was Alltel until Verizon bought them out, and I always have perfect reception. The phone I do use has a sliding keyboard and it is so much easier to type on that just the regular numerical pad.

I love having a full QWERTY board... I can send an email or a text without even looking at my phone the majority of the time now...

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Get an iphone and you will be very happy with it and all of the things it can do. There's nothing quite like it.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    My wife has an Iphone, I had a Samsung Omnia, but now use the Motorola Android (on Verizon). I think the Iphone & Android are probably the best smartphones available right now (and CNet agrees).

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    1911, don't get into a contract. Go to your provider and window shop a few of their phones then buy one on Craigslist. Austin cell phone category is crazy busy. When you go to your provider you can do a month-to-month with no contract. If you decide in a couple of months that you got more or less phone than you needed, sell the first and buy something else.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I've got a BlackBerry Curve 8350i by Sprint/Nextel. It does all right for email, MMS texting, instant messages, and as a camera. It leaves a lot to be desired as far as extra features go, though. I wish I was on the AT&T network so I could get an iPhone. It has all the best apps.

Google's phone is going to be much better than the iPhone in terms of hardware... we'll have to see if it can deliver in the app department.

Top Bottom