Revolvers Vs. Auto-loaders. Which is smarter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    That little J drew blood. But my L drew blood on two others who shall remain nameless, and they only shot 158 soft points in a gun twice the weight. Another member shot it and though it didn't draw blood, it didn't hit paper either lol

These scandium guns aren't fun to shoot, but I can shoot them well. And I certainly enjoy watching others shoot it lol

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    That little J drew blood. But my L drew blood on two others who shall remain nameless, and they only shot 158 soft points in a gun twice the weight. Another member shot it and though it didn't draw blood, it didn't hit paper either lol

These scandium guns aren't fun to shoot, but I can shoot them well. And I certainly enjoy watching others shoot it lol

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I hate shooting those light weight J frames. My LCR 357 is much more comfortable to shoot. And factory for factory triggers, the LCR feels much better.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    For two-legged predators I choose semi-autos. As many rounds and as much plastic as I can get. I'm a simple, boring Glock guy.

However, revolvers still have their place. When hiking in havelina or mountain lion country, I take my .44. The only automatic option I know of for this fine cartridge is a Deagle, which is expensive, heavy, colossal in the grip (must be felt to be believed!), and unreliable.

I could get a more practical package in a 10mm Glock, but I'm not a fan of the caliber, which I consider neither fish nor foul. Too much for two legs, not enough (for my liking) for four. Yeah, the Nuge hunts with them all the time. He also hunts all the time with arrows and spears, and I'm not carrying around either of those on a hike.

So to get back to the questions: there are still some things revolvers do best!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    44 are cool, but unless you hike in bear country a 9mm, 45acp or 357 are all fine.

Javelinas? 9mm is overkill.

Mountain lions really aren't that big either. People have fought them off w sticks and pocket knives.

I actually took a 400lb hog w a 9mm to the head. Just don't miss. lol

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Revolvers are smart again.

1967 Model 10-5 snub. Who needs more than 6 rounds of 38 Special barrel burning at 750 fps?

b431f1c1c731b0a0068b691a10e5e189.jpg

Top Bottom