• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    My understanding is that the schedule doesn't need to be written into the trust. You can assign assets to the trust without it - effectively not providing a list of all your assets to your dealer and the ATF each time you submit for a stamp.

Just curious. Only things I'll have on mine are things ATF and dealer will know about anyway so no biggie for me.

Neither the dealer nor the ATF get a copy of your schedule A. The schedule A is simply part of the trust to document the assets assigned to it.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I don't know how they do it these days. My first stamps were bought pre digitalization(that a word) of silencer shops process. I gave them a hard copy of my trust and they scanned it in and after that I simply hand over the plastic for a can purchase. So the version of my trust that the ATF gets and the one in SS's possesion have nothing on the schedule A.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Neither the dealer nor the ATF get a copy of your schedule A. The schedule A is simply part of the trust to document the assets assigned to it.

Can this be "handwritten" on original copy of trust?

In other words, I have lots of space at bottom of last page & that is what I have been doing, lol....

00ChevyScott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Arlington, TX
    The only property listed on the digital copy of my trust is $200. The paper copy in my safe will have an up to date list of all NFA items attached to it. An updated list of property owned by the trust has nothing to do with getting a stamp approved.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I was told early on that Schedule of Assests was the most important part of the trust to include. In fact, my first NFA dealer said he was told by ATF that schedule A was all he needed to send. To hear differently is interesting. I may just try this out with my next form 1.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I was told early on that Schedule of Assests was the most important part of the trust to include. In fact, my first NFA dealer said he was told by ATF that schedule A was all he needed to send. To hear differently is interesting. I may just try this out with my next form 1.

Scott of course my trust is not your trust but the copy that I send in for my eform 1s and the last dozen cans all have nothing on the schedule and have been approved. I've got approved forms from 7 or 8 examiners now with no problems.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood

As I understand it, the ATF needs a complete copy of the trust, and if the trust states that the assets are listed on a schedule A, then the schedule A has to be sent in. If the trust itself doesn't refer to any schedules or attachments, they don't need to be sent in. My trust refers to an attached schedule A, so that gets sent in as part of the complete trust. But for my last several purchases, the dealer just sent in the copy of the trust they had on file from e-files, with the schedule A not updated for any subsequent stamps. And those stamps have been coming through fine. That's my understanding, but I would defer to an attorney.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I was advised not to leave the Schedule A form blank. I put a Glock Bag on mine the first time. After the first one I added to the list as the stamps came in. Not sure if it is a "have to" deal but has worked every time.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was advised not to leave the Schedule A form blank. I put a Glock Bag on mine the first time. After the first one I added to the list as the stamps came in. Not sure if it is a "have to" deal but has worked every time.

Yes, I was told to put $10 on it for starters, just to have something on it.
    But this was "on the trust", don't recall it being called "Schedule A".

Top Bottom