Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    At least a couple of us will be at the Madison County Gun and Archery Club on Saturday, 11/29, starting about 10AM, weather permitting.

This is not a formal event. There's nothing special planned - no booms, no shooting up appliances, etc. It's just going to be a few hours at the range for fun. All the range rules apply so no shooting on the move, no full-auto, no bump-fire, and nothing that can shoot through the (way too small) rifle berms. (The club president says nothing over .30-06 but I think that's a bit conservative.) I'll bring lots of paper targets and there are some steel plates that live on the range. Rifles can shoot out to 300 yards. The pistol berm is ~75 yards out but you can, obviously, set the target holders closer. All shots must impact the berm, of course.

We'd be happy to host some guests if you're curious about the range or just want a day on a new range.

Respond below if you definitely know you can make it. If you know of some gun I have that you'd like to shoot, let me know below, too. I'll PM everyone a couple of days before with directions and such. I'll also PM everyone the day before if the weather is bad and we need to cancel. A little rain is OK; so is a little cold. Combine both and the meet-up goes bye-bye. Yeah, OK, I'm a wimp; I said it so no one else has to. :)

Who's in?
    Texas SOT

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Confirmed attendees:

Benenglish
    Glockster69
    Moonpie

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Can't find the range physical location on my internet searches, other than it is somewhere near Madisonville?

Bring on the rain and cold weather:

"If it ain't raining, it ain't training." "You can't be bold if it is not cold."

Be well.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ... the address is 4096 Conner Lane in Madison County.
    Connor Lane in Connor TX. Not Ben's fault, they misspelled it at mcgac.com. ;)

Uh, no. I'm not planning on training or being bold, just having fun. :)
    Agreed. LoL

Ben I'd like to squeeze some more rounds through your EAA and any similar or higher quality .45 1911 you may have. And since you are the overly generous type, I will provide the ammo.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyone is welcome, and I have the Tupperware covered. :p
    We've both got Glock 21s, don't we? I haven't shot mine in a while, so I'll bring it. Also, I need to put more rounds through my XDs in .45. This is beginning to look like a .45 day...which is fine by me.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I have a 30SF (for sale BTW) and a 21, but not a race gun with sight like yours. :p

One or two friends in the Hunstville area are interested but not yet committed, I still have several others to talk to yet.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Just a little assurance for everybody - If you know this club, you know they don't always post events on the club calendar. It's possible to show up and find the entire range closed for, say, a 4H shotgun clinic. I've corresponded with the club president and that's not a problem. No events scheduled for the day so the range should be about as empty as is usual for a Saturday...which is pretty empty.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Is the range kid-friendly? I might bring Thing 1 & Thing 2, as that's not that far from Lake Limestone. I know my daughter is itching for some range time.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Is the range kid-friendly? I might bring Thing 1 & Thing 2, as that's not that far from Lake Limestone. I know my daughter is itching for some range time.

ABSOLUTELY! Good question too, I meant to encourage people to bring kids AND new / 1st time shooters.

The range is used heavily during the Spring as kids prep for shotgun and rifle competitions.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Guests pay only $5/each for all day on the range however, you must provide your own paper targets which Ben has already said he'll have plenty of. You can bring steel, bowling pins, and similar or biodegradable targets too.

Top Bottom