• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    You're definitely more prepared then I am.

A TGT beach day would be nice too.

We do it the same way when we go. If you just want to hoon around on a beach, there are other beaches you can go to, without fear of getting stranded and starving to death lol.
    Venture Surplus ad

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm not too worried. I was looking on google maps vs. their beach parking permit map for various areas.

I was just going to bring a couple gallons of water and some food. Buy a few sleeping pads and sleep in the bed of the truck lol.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    You only worry when you get to Mile Marker 60 and get stuck. If you stay in the first 10mi, there are plenty of people, should you need any emergency assistance.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Usually at least once a day the Park Ranger drives all the way to the end. So no matter where you are you should at least see him twice as he passes you coming and going.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    well don't rely on the park rangers coming by. i've been down there where we never saw them drive by, and when they did it was on a John Deere Gator...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    well don't rely on the park rangers coming by. i've been down there where we never saw them drive by, and when they did it was on a John Deere Gator...
    The RAngers I have talked to told me that at least once a day one of them goes to the end and comes back. Perhaps on those days you are talking about they had other stuff going on. Who knows?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    My 2010 F150 supercrew. I was going to go try to find some broken pallet somewhere, and maybe pick up some cheap ~$10 shovel at Home Depot. I think I've got all the other essentials covered mostly.

I'm trying to plan to leave early Saturday to get there around 1200 and then stay till around 1500 hrs on Sunday.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Yessir. It does have some wimpy tires on it though, so until I can get a job and save up some dough, I'll have to be a little careful.

Top Bottom