• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Holy crap, this is an addictive game.

There's no "mission" or "plot" except what you come up with. The graphics are simple (everything is really blocky, it's almost Escape from Castle Wolfenstein all over again). You don't kill people (except in online play, and only then if you and the other people on the server want to). You don't go out trying to fight and kill every monster you see (unless you want to).

There's a lot of flexibility in what you can do with this game. First, you get an entire world to play with. You can explore, exploit and build on it. It's pretty much the ultimate sandbox game where how you use resources isn't limited by much more than your own imagination. The worlds it provides are supposed to be bigger than anybody could ever fully explore and are randomized - no two alike. So there is a real danger of building a modest base, wandering too far looking for some kind of supply source and getting hopelessly lost.

It's just a damn fun game, despite looking like shit and sounding a lot like a snooze fest. One of my gaming friends and I have been playing stuff together for years, I don't think there's been this much laughter on our TeamSpeak server... ever.

The game is worth a look. Single-player is very playable if a little frustrating and it gets even better if you go multiplayer with friends.

So what's so fun that we're laughing our asses off? We're building a tower on top of the hill our "base" is dug into. It's going to be at least a mile high (we're already above the clouds), surrounded by a lava moat with lava flowing down the sides from a pool of the stuff on the next to highest level. The highest level will be an open-air, glass-bottomed pool, possibly with a waterfall. We haven't decided yet...
    Capitol Armory ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    halolz-dot-com-minecraft-wakeuponisland-punchtrees.jpg

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I found it last time I was home from work and lost track of several days reconstructing Moria. I need to try the online mode.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    So I bought Vy a login for Minecraft and tomorrow I'll get her set up on my server. I spent a few hours modding my map today...looks like she's going to be waking up on a small island full of monsters and surrounded by lava. I sure hope she likes diggin'

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Diggin' holes with no sticks and coal early in the game really sucks. My first two priorities are Wood and Coal as far as resources go...

Generally when I start up a new game I punch trees until I have 64 blocks of Wood then go out in search of some Coal so I'll have a supply of torches.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    The results of stockpiling TNT in the basement of my awesome house:

Basementbomb.gif

I was attempting to create a switched door and was using a trail of red dust for the power. I had accidently touched a block of TNT that I had in the basement. When I flipped the switch...BOOOOOM!!! The one block set off the ~30 more that I had down there, leveled the house, made a giant crater and took out days worth of stockpiled diamonds. It's interesting that the piles of iron, obsidian and the portal I had didn't get touched. This was my biggest loss to date. Chests full of items collected from dungeons, my amazing archetecture and creative designs, all gone. I will NEVER be the same. Your sympathy and condolences are much appreciated...

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Well on the way to having a new place to sleep:

Newhouse.gif

Of course I could still ride my train to my massive castle in the North. Haven't been there in a while. I think I'll go load up on supplies and bring them back here to get this hizzouse finished...

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I think I'm going to build a house out of TNT close to the spawn point, let one of the losers on my server go and stay there overnight, and blow it up remotely whilst watching high atop my indestructable and inpenetrable bedrock tower.

I love being the king of the server...

Top Bottom