Texas SOT

On the air now, wanting your opinion on anything!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Call in and talk about WHATEVER you want, even if you don't agree with our views, let us talk it out!!

281 558 5738

We want to hear all sides of every argument...

My opinion?

I strongly disagree with this statement
    thicon_mad.gif
    Lynx Defense

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    I'm still trying to figure out what authority shortround thinks he has to dictate or otherwise question who should and shouldn't be a moderator on a site he doesn't own, let alone demand that I identify myself. I could have been a jerk about it, told him FO, and deleted his post but, I figured I'd play it cool and answer his query as an act of goodwill. But clearly, the request wasn't all that urgent or important as he's been silent in this section since then...Oh well.

On another subject, if I haven't said it before, I just wanted to say thanks again for the kind words and encouragement. The three of us on the show are just regular shooters...normal guys who are largely just having fun in the studio and none of that would be possible without you. We're not here to knock anyone down but, there are going to be times we disagree with each other. There are times the three of us in studio don't share the same opinions. That's life...If we all had the same thoughts and knew all the same stuff, there'd be no point in having the forum, the discussions therein, or our show.

There are tons of other sections on the forum to ask all sorts of stuff but, if you've got something you'd like to hear us address on the air (or listen to in the podcasts later), please post it here, hit us up through the Facebook page, or shoot one of us an email. Unlike Jeff, I actually do check that mailbox everyday so if he doesn't answer you, hit my mailbox and I'll beat him over the head.

gary_at_gunsovertexasradio.com
    jeff_at_gunsovertexasradio.com
    jason_at_gunsovertexasradio.com

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Just curious did Shortround get banned over this???

Not that I"m aware of...I see activity for him since that post, just not here in this section. Though he may have been belligerent, it was not to the point I felt I needed to do anything about it. So, I let his posts stand and left it open for him to defend or not.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    He's good to go. Chill out.
    He runs the Guns Over TX radio show.

I bought my 1st Glock for CC in Nov '08 from Top Gun (store and range) in Houston before I moved away. Within a week or so I began SD handgun training and Gary was usually the instructor. He moved seamlessly from the advanced shooter to the beginner like me, always communicating on the given individuals level. I learned a lot and wish that training was still an option.

and DAMN ... he can run the sh!t out of a pistol!!! I imagine rifles and shotguns too, I just haven't seen that. What's your down range count? IIRC it was 1mil when I left. He's also a freakin' walking encyclopedia of firepower from sling shots to Nimitz class.

Seriously, he's a straight up nice guy and one of the good gun nutz. Glad you're around here Gary.

(I'll PM my address for the check in a little bit)

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    We interrupt regularly scheduled programming for the following announcement:

You gotta excuse his old age...forgot to count....lol

Actually, kiddo, I didn't miscount. I never said that was #1000. I just said I was trying to break 1000 before I went to bed. #1000 was in the post whore thread.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    We interrupt regularly scheduled programming for the following announcement:

You gotta excuse his old age...forgot to count....lol

Actually, kiddo, I didn't miscount. I never said that was #1000. I just said I was trying to break 1000 before I went to bed. #1000 was in the post whore thread.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

Are the fattie and the fossil done arguing yet?

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Yeah, most of you guys never heard the incident last year where I went into full on air meltdown with this leftist, occupier-type, from California who, after realizing I'm black, calls back and says, "...I love your people..." I don't know how I hadn't been fined by the FCC because I think I mother-effed, f-bombed, and dumb-effed him so hard, fast, and long that the seven second delay wouldn't have done anything to save us. I'll post a link to it sometime soon. As for the more recent stuff, podcasts dating back to the May relaunch of our sight can be found here (Podcasts | The Official Guns Over Texas Radio Blog). I'm still trying to get the RSS feed working but, I haven't had much time to devote to it.

Dude! I'm the guy that called in after hearing that crap and offered to drive him back to commie-fornia with him sucking on the exhaust of my Super Duty Ford.
    That was crazy!

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Dude! I'm the guy that called in after hearing that crap and offered to drive him back to commie-fornia with him sucking on the exhaust of my Super Duty Ford.
    That was crazy!

LOL. I remember that. Wasn't the initial reason he called was to "take issue" with that particular show being about shooting zombies? IIRC he though it was code for dems & libs and coudn't be convinced it was just about zombies. What a tard.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    It was a while back and I can't remember specifics but.....that caller basically offended the shit out of everybody. The dude called back and they gave him the opportunity to explain himself but he started off again (racist, prejudiced BS) so they had to shut him down really quick.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Too bad we couldn't have traced that idiots line and showed up with chains and a funnel to hook him up to your truck, Dredge! If there's one kind of racist that ticks me off more than any other, it's the liberal who doesn't know he's a racist! "I love your people.." my ass! I still get hot about that call sometimes because it really was classic liberal stupidity on so many levels. The condescension and stupid nanny state mentality are just ridiculous. This country wasn't build on allowing people to have only what the "NEED." That's been tried before, it was called the Soviet Union...Worked out real well, didn't it? They outlawed guns, religion, and maintained absolute control of the media, all manufacturing, education, and all research. Worked out perfectly, right? And when it all finally came tumbling down, they were left with a mess they still haven't managed to clean up and the country is ruled by mobsters and former KGB. The top guys in the government all walked away with the money and the rights to all the country's natural resources with which they made even more money as capitalism finally took hold but, the average peasant is still just that, a peasant. Women and children of the old Soviet provinces are sold to the highest bidder these days, what a wonderful life. And these sh!t-stain, lefty, 'tards are trying their level best to take our country through it's own Bolshevik Revolution to go down the same road.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Too bad we couldn't have traced that idiots line and showed up with chains and a funnel to hook him up to your truck, Dredge! If there's one kind of racist that ticks me off more than any other, it's the liberal who doesn't know he's a racist! "I love your people.." my ass! I still get hot about that call sometimes because it really was classic liberal stupidity on so many levels. The condescension and stupid nanny state mentality are just ridiculous. This country wasn't build on allowing people to have only what the "NEED." That's been tried before, it was called the Soviet Union...Worked out real well, didn't it? They outlawed guns, religion, and maintained absolute control of the media, all manufacturing, education, and all research. Worked out perfectly, right? And when it all finally came tumbling down, they were left with a mess they still haven't managed to clean up and the country is ruled by mobsters and former KGB. The top guys in the government all walked away with the money and the rights to all the country's natural resources with which they made even more money as capitalism finally took hold but, the average peasant is still just that, a peasant. Women and children of the old Soviet provinces are sold to the highest bidder these days, what a wonderful life. And these sh!t-stain, lefty, 'tards are trying their level best to take our country through it's own Bolshevik Revolution to go down the same road.

What he said! Times eleventy-seven!

CaptAhab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Venice Florida
    I'm still trying to figure out what authority shortround thinks he has to dictate or otherwise question who should and shouldn't be a moderator on a site he doesn't own, let alone demand that I identify myself. I could have been a jerk about it, told him FO, and deleted his post but, I figured I'd play it cool and answer his query as an act of goodwill. But clearly, the request wasn't all that urgent or important as he's been silent in this section since then...Oh well.

On another subject, if I haven't said it before, I just wanted to say thanks again for the kind words and encouragement. The three of us on the show are just regular shooters...normal guys who are largely just having fun in the studio and none of that would be possible without you. We're not here to knock anyone down but, there are going to be times we disagree with each other. There are times the three of us in studio don't share the same opinions. That's life...If we all had the same thoughts and knew all the same stuff, there'd be no point in having the forum, the discussions therein, or our show.

There are tons of other sections on the forum to ask all sorts of stuff but, if you've got something you'd like to hear us address on the air (or listen to in the podcasts later), please post it here, hit us up through the Facebook page, or shoot one of us an email. Unlike Jeff, I actually do check that mailbox everyday so if he doesn't answer you, hit my mailbox and I'll beat him over the head.

gary_at_gunsovertexasradio.com
    jeff_at_gunsovertexasradio.com
    jason_at_gunsovertexasradio.com

There is an app I use on my iPhone and I also have it on my Mac. Free app call Tune in. You can get radio stations from across the country, including yours. I use this as my desktop radio. It works very well.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If there's one kind of racist that ticks me off more than any other, it's the liberal who doesn't know he's a racist! .

What is your favourite type of racism?

Is this a question i should save for The Air?

Top Bottom