Guns International

On the air now, wanting your opinion on anything!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBerry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Call in and talk about WHATEVER you want, even if you don't agree with our views, let us talk it out!!

281 558 5738

We want to hear all sides of every argument...
    Military Camp

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Sounds like someone trolling to sand-bag an unsuspecting member:

No topic, no description of the talk show, no background ...

Call at your own peril!

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Actually, we've offered more than once to continue the discussion on open carry. But we're hitting on multiple subjects in addition to that. Will be off the air in a minute or two.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Actually, we've offered more than once to continue the discussion on open carry. But we're hitting on multiple subjects in addition to that. Will be off the air in a minute or two.

With 27 posts you are listed as a moderator.

Explain. Identify your self.

Good way to set yourself up for a big FAIL and to lose members.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

He's good to go. Chill out.
    He runs the Guns Over TX radio show.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

What the hell are you talking about and who are you to demand someone identify themselves? The management made him a mod based on his knowledge of guns and their knowledge of him.

They have a good show and I appreciate them letting us know when we they on the air. You need to check yourself.

JBerry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Houston, TX

Call at your own peril!

The show is called "Guns Over Texas", we talk about.... Guns..... or whatever gun related topics you want to bring up on air. Not trolling, just wanting to give folks a chance to voice their opinion.

Tune in next week, AM 700 KSEV, 5 to 7 pm on Sunday.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    The folks at GOTR are bonafide gun nuts, just like us. They have opinions, just like use. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience with firearms and like to share that knowledge. They like and appreciate learning from others as well.
    Somehow some folks got a little twisted over a misunderstanding on another thread.
    Unlike us, they have a LIVE show on the radio and they look to spread the word, share information and opinions on any and everything related to guns, all types of shooting platforms/scenarios, politics, etc.
    The opportunity is given to go live on the air and talk about whatever suits your fancy and I only know of one member that called in. That was me. (if others called as well, my apologies as I had to step away for a few minutes to take care of my dogs...)
    They are good people and are NOT our enemy.
    Maybe if more time were spent shooting, folks wouldn't be wound so tight. It works for me.
    Just my 2 cents.......

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Rough day...Had a caller suggest the reason for the higher US crime rate in comparison to Switzerland was due to the higher percentage of "negroid" and other races present in the US. Thanks the kind words and for jumping in to vouch for me guys but, I'll humor Shortround's request for the good of the forum and keep everyone happy.

For those who never read the first thread for this section; I'm Gary, one of the three hosts of the Guns Over Texas Radio Show. As for why I'm a moderator with only 27 posts, the simple answer is Alan asked me to be a moderator of this specific section of the forum when he created it a few months back. I'm pretty much a life-long shooter. I did quite a bit of plinking as a kid but, my formal introduction to shooting came with the discovery that football is dangerous and a visit to the JROTC building my freshman year of high school. I spent the next four years shooting 50ft smallbore, service rifle, and 10m air rifle through high school. While in college, I got into USPSA and later, IDPA. So in some form or fashion, I've been involved in shooting competition for a little over twenty years.

A little more than ten years ago, I met Gregg Garrett of Comp-Tac and through him, was introduced to John Farnam, Clint Smith, Brian Hoffner, Paul Howe and a bunch of other guys who led me to focus on defensive shooting rather than competition with guns I'd never use to defend myself on the street. While working for a local range in Houston, I was asked to consider being a firearms instructor and eventually ended up teaching CHL classes for the range and defensive shooting classes with Brian Hoffner for a time.

In the last couple years, I've started shooting with local USPSA and IDPA clubs again with plans to start competing at the major matches again as my work schedule allows. Unfortunately; this year, I've been tied up with stuff for the office or scheduled to teach during every major match. The few times I wasn't tied up, the matches sold out before I could get an application in (SpaceCity Challenge, Carolina Cup, Coastal Bend, Texas IDPA Championship, etc). I've made a promise to myself not to let that happen in the coming season. Beyond that, I'm fairly active in supporting my home club (West Houston Shooters Club, http://www.whidpa.com ) as a member of the board of directors.

I've got a day job that keeps me tied up 12-14hrs a day in addition to being on call 24/7. Aside from work, the club, shooting, teaching and running the show's website as well as the FB and Twitter feeds, I have to find time to keep my wife happy and take care of my parents so I don't post much. I've lurked here for the better part of three years but, I really didn't post much because there are plenty of smart guys on this forum at large who often post what I'm thinking. I didn't start actively posting until Alan asked me to moderate this section. As result, I've only got a few posts.

For those interested, I'm trying to get this evening's show posted now. I'm still trying to get RSS setup for the pod casts but, web development is a little outside my primary skill set and with things that have been going on at the office, I haven't had as much time to devote to the site or anything outside work as I'd like. Hopefully, that's about to change but in the meantime, I try to check in here at least once every 24hrs unless I'm otherwise occupied like I was a week or so ago.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx

Call at your own peril!

Lmao...Hey, I hate to be Captain Obvious.....but have you looked at the subforum this is being posted in? Just a thought, maybe, they are the radio show that this subforum is about...lol....

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    OMFG I was reading it thinking he means well for TGT but is so behind whats going on. There have been threads over at least the last 2 weeks that should and would have shown these people are the real deal. LOL I was reading it like, oH F, hes about to get it. Not from me, I knew you guys would do what was needed. hah

Top Bottom