• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The only factors I care about are quality and efficiency.

Break that other crap out of the study and tell me how it looks.

ETA: Betting we scored low solely because we didn't have socialized healthcare "access" yet.
    Venture Surplus ad

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Thats funny, because we aren't ranked as high as you have stated. Go do your homework instead of spouting a wild generalization such as the one above.

Medical Advancements: Who Is Leading the World? | Kenneth Thorpe (from HuffPo, so you might pay attention to it)

While there are many opinions about our nation's health care system (particularly in Washington), there's one overwhelming area of consensus -- the United States leads the world in medical innovation.
    In addition to the best and brightest practicing medicine and state-of-art medical facilities, we have benefited from having the best and, usually, the earliest access to the latest medical technologies and innovations. In large part, this is because they were discovered, developed and produced here in America.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch

Innovation is great, but it doesn't have anything to do with access or overall levels of care. It simply improves the level of care when you can get it. Those innovations have come at the cost all of us pay for having the highest medical COSTS in comparison to countries of similar wealth.

I honestly don't read huffington post, never found it more than polotico garb.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Innovation is great, but it doesn't have anything to do with access or overall levels of care. It simply improves the level of care when you can get it. Those innovations have come at the cost all of us pay for having the highest medical COSTS in comparison to countries of similar wealth.

I'm confused. Is it:

a) That "it doesn't have anything to do with... overall levels of care"

or

b) That "it simply improves the level of care"

You can't have it both ways, especially in two back-to-back sentences.

I don't care about ANY rating that measures based on some perceived accessibility. I do care about having the best available care when I need it that reduces my time spent infirm and in treatment, so I find level of care to be a far more important concern.

How many of those countries that have much greater access provide a much more basic level of care at the first tier, forcing folks to suffer through conditions longer to get to the higher levels of care that we most often go right to? That's what defines quality, and quality certainly costs more (and is often worth it).

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I kinda wish you weren't on my side.

Cut the bullshit cracks!

Their not kidding about earning your respect around here.

Go back and look where it started. I give the level of respect back that I am met with. First post after in RE to my first comment was to call me a LIBTARDO, as he put it. And quite frankly I could care less about the others. The only comment I had a problem with was the old man who felt like he was allowed to call me his son. The other stuff has no bearing.

Calling a statement ignorant, does also not equal calling a person ignorant. The word ignorant has gained a negative connotation online for some reason, when its really just another word used to describe someone's lack of knowledge or understanding of a given topic. If the word ignorant gets someone feathers ruffled, that person needs to become, well, less ignorant of our language.

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    I don't care about ANY rating that measures based on some perceived accessibility. I do care about having the best available care when I need it that reduces my time spent infirm and in treatment, so I find level of care to be a far more important concern.

How many of those countries that have much greater access provide a much more basic level of care at the first tier, forcing folks to suffer through conditions longer to get to the higher levels of care that we most often go right to? That's what defines quality, and quality certainly costs more (and is often worth it).

Listen to the man that does it every day.

I haven't been to the doctor in many many years until the last six weeks.
    Let me give you the short version.
    1. Not qualified for what you need.

2. Had a diagnosis and a six month plan of action when he walked in the door. This guy had a plan for me before we ever met. All he wanted from me was a "OK Doctor whatever you think is best."

3. This guy was good. Talked about options, time frames and wasn't trying to sell me something. He helped me with what he could and did a great job.

4. Just like number three. He had a plan, and it was for my money.

5. Another good one.

So two out of five were worth the time of day. They were both in their late 50s.

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Go back and look where it started. I give the level of respect back that I am met with. First post after in RE to my first comment was to call me a LIBTARDO, as he put it. And quite frankly I could care less about the others. The only comment I had a problem with was the old man who felt like he was allowed to call me his son. The other stuff has no bearing.

Calling a statement ignorant, does also not equal calling a person ignorant. The word ignorant has gained a negative connotation online for some reason, when its really just another word used to describe someone's lack of knowledge or understanding of a given topic. If the word ignorant gets someone feathers ruffled, that person needs to become, well, less ignorant of our language.

I've read it. There's no excuse.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    davis_mirror_intl_ig_rev_616.jpg

For those so inclined here's a link to the complete study. I suppose you'd need to subscribe to a particular philosophy to subsequently agree with the totality of the ranking indicators. I would venture subscribing to the aforementioned philosophy would foster acceptance of it's [unbiased] validity. I personally consider presenting such a graph without supporting data disingenuous.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Based on the latest numbers people of this country favor the democratic party, so they are going to have a lot of shooting to do. Ask the South how that worked out the last time..
    You need to justify that comment with legitimate source(s).

Hopefully you can understand my comment this time.
    It's been nearly two days now and no justification with only nine hours til wifi is cut off.

Top Bottom