• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Rofl. Well it might rain their too due to the general sadness of me leaving the area.
    I'll drive up to Amarillo and console them as soon as possible. LOL!
    Coop, take this to look for evidence of rain ........................ or sadness

th?id=H.4628154808139918&pid=1.jpg

When the hell do you go to work Rsty!? I'm tired of you posting all day long.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    So I drove all around DFW today.

Of the areas I went to, Coppell is by far the nicest. However, it is also the most expensive. I ended up not even bothering to look at all the other apartments in Coppell.

I looked at three in the Carrollton/North Dallas area. I say North Dallas, because one of them is apparently on the border between the two, but is considered Dallas. Those are the two best so far.

I took a trip to Grapevine to see one of the more economically priced apartments in the area. It reflected that price point.

Now, I went through Bedford. I looked around, and the area is certainly not the best in my opinion, however this is the cheapest area. I ended up cutting some of those short due to wanting to get back to the hotel and not spend 1.5hr+ in traffic. Which brings me to my other thing, it looks like traveling from H-E-B to Irving, would be a nightmare.

As it sits, the apartment that is the furthest away, in North Dallas, is the one I'm leaning towards. Google Maps is estimating ~ 25 minute travel time with light traffic on PGBT. I just checked right now, and it's sitting at ~31 minutes as of 4:30pm. The rent for that apartment is reasonable for what I'm getting and I feel happy with it. It's certainly not the cheapest, but it's also not the most expensive; not even close. I have some thinking to do, but I think that will be the one.

In case anyone cares, it's the Gardens at Vail.

Did you run the crime stats on the area you have chosen?

ETA http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx?loc=17811+Vail+St,+Dallas,+TX+‎+

The link sucks BUT if you use the website to check the addy you'll see some interesting activity. Take the time back for one year and the radius to just one mile.

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Yes. IIRC, I ssw some violent crime. However, since it is Dallas and I don't have the kind of money to buy a house in a fancy gated community, I have to be realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm here.

Relatively moved in. I've had a sudden realization of how much stuff I don't have, how much money I don't have, and how much stuff I need to get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I have a nice used Honda air filter you could put on your coffee tablet for a conversation piece. You pay shipping and it's yours.

Top Bottom