• ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    So I drove all around DFW today.

Of the areas I went to, Coppell is by far the nicest. However, it is also the most expensive. I ended up not even bothering to look at all the other apartments in Coppell.

I looked at three in the Carrollton/North Dallas area. I say North Dallas, because one of them is apparently on the border between the two, but is considered Dallas. Those are the two best so far.

I took a trip to Grapevine to see one of the more economically priced apartments in the area. It reflected that price point.

Now, I went through Bedford. I looked around, and the area is certainly not the best in my opinion, however this is the cheapest area. I ended up cutting some of those short due to wanting to get back to the hotel and not spend 1.5hr+ in traffic. Which brings me to my other thing, it looks like traveling from H-E-B to Irving, would be a nightmare.

As it sits, the apartment that is the furthest away, in North Dallas, is the one I'm leaning towards. Google Maps is estimating ~ 25 minute travel time with light traffic on PGBT. I just checked right now, and it's sitting at ~31 minutes as of 4:30pm. The rent for that apartment is reasonable for what I'm getting and I feel happy with it. It's certainly not the cheapest, but it's also not the most expensive; not even close. I have some thinking to do, but I think that will be the one.

In case anyone cares, it's the Gardens at Vail.
    Hurley's Gold

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    If you were further north in Las Colinas off 114 (near the business district with the horse sculptures) I'd say to look out by Keller/Southlake/Roanoke, but your work location is another 30 min south of that in traffic. It would get old. Oak Cliff has a nice Arts district but its also pretty sketchy in areas.

On a positive note Elm Fork shooting ranch is about 5 miles away, and they have a good setup and a lot of land for in town. Elm Fork Shooting Sports
    [FONT=Georgia, serif][FONT=Garamond, Times, Serif]10751 Luna Road
    Dallas, TX 75220
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    You're really better off catching the drive during rush hour traffic a couple of times if possible before you settle in somewhere. Generally speaking, more people live North than live South. PGBT is of course, a tollway, so what is the cost per month going to be making that commute? Be sure to factor than into the rental cost for a fair comparison with other regions.

rack04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    I'm guessing 635 is about as close to hell as you can get without dying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I drive 635 from DNT to Garland every day and it really isn't that bad. I HATE it at times but it isn't nearly as bad as the traffic I got used to in Houston.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I drive 635 from DNT to Garland every day and it really isn't that bad. I HATE it at times but it isn't nearly as bad as the traffic I got used to in Houston.

Its the other direction that sucks. Opposite is true in the afternoons.

Anywhere on 635 is a long way to his job.

Hurst or Euless aint bad. nice areas around Forest Ridge. Coppell and Colleyville are cool. there are apartments in Irving that are decent near 114. South Irving can be rough areas.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    You're really better off catching the drive during rush hour traffic a couple of times if possible before you settle in somewhere. Generally speaking, more people live North than live South. PGBT is of course, a tollway, so what is the cost per month going to be making that commute? Be sure to factor than into the rental cost for a fair comparison with other regions.

I'm assuming that the tollway may cost me a couple dollars a day on the high end? And like I said, I realize that living west will probably save me a bit of money, but I'm still not convinced that it is that nice of an area. I'm willing to pay a bit more for a "better" environment. Regardless, I'm going to have to have a pretty tight budget. I don't make a whole lot of money starting off, but that's one of the consequences of having student loans.

Where ur talkin bout moving is about 20 minures from us...we live right at GBT and Lake Ray Hubbard.

That's still pretty far isn't it?

Its the other direction that sucks. Opposite is true in the afternoons.

Anywhere on 635 is a long way to his job.

Hurst or Euless aint bad. nice areas around Forest Ridge. Coppell and Colleyville are cool. there are apartments in Irving that are decent near 114. South Irving can be rough areas.

I don't think Colleyville has apartments. I really wish I could afford to live in Coppell, but I just can't. I'm still not 100% set on that apartment near Carrollton; I still want to go look at more places in Hurst and Euless. However, when I was around that area today, it looks like the construction is pretty damn awful.

I was heading west on 635 to meet up with a friend for dinner, and traffic seemed to be gridlocked for as far as I could see.

Last edited:

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Rusty, where we live is probably a little more transit time than what ur lookin for. On GBT it would be about 3.50 a day and about a 35-45 minute drive barring an accident. I work at Mockingbird and Irving Blvd....i take 30 to work. If i leave at 7 it takes me between 25-30 minutes. The drive home is about 40 minutes.

But if you want a short commute stay in the area ur lookin bud.

Like i said....if u need help movin or whever njust say the word.

Top Bottom