• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Yeah, mainly on-road though, but I like having the ability to do so. One big reason I would choose the klr is simply the price.
    I see lots of them on the road, or bikes similar to them. Put a Givi luggage carrier on it and a tank bag and you'll have an awesome touring/adventure bike.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Very true, and great bikes. I ride a 2005 VTX 1300c. Hondas don't have the low end torque of a Harley, but when my Harley friends talking too much smack, I can leave them in the dust. I've made trips from Baytown to Big Bend with no problems...of course, and time you ride for six hours you're gonna be a little sore.

My VTX1300R with carb tuning and exhaust put out more horsepower than my Dad's HD Ultra Classic and faster. :)
    I'm a bigger boy too. Don't waste time in the lower cc bikes. 1000 or bigger. The 1300 was an excellent and reliable for me. The 1800 vtx had mixed reviews for low speed and parking lot handling, so I went with the 1300. The cc to me equals better passing power, 1300 was ample.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I got out last Sunday for a quick lap through the SHNF - forgot the put the liner in my mesh jacket and got a good chill!

I went for a ride that was supposed to be a quick blast around the neighborhood, but it turned into a 2 hour ride across town and back. That's usually a good thing but this time I forgot my 2nd Amendment was showing...

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    My VTX1300R with carb tuning and exhaust put out more horsepower than my Dad's HD Ultra Classic and faster. :)
    I'm a bigger boy too. Don't waste time in the lower cc bikes. 1000 or bigger. The 1300 was an excellent and reliable for me. The 1800 vtx had mixed reviews for low speed and parking lot handling, so I went with the 1300. The cc to me equals better passing power, 1300 was ample.

My 1100 Vstar will dust my 1300 Street Bob. The only time I ride the Harley is when one of my other bikes are being borrowed or I just want to make a lot of noise.

My Duc dyno'd 162 with bolt ons and a tune. Couldn't be happier.

Nothing beats a V-twin!

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    The 162whp is on my 1098R. I also have a 800 Monster S2R but it'd be lucky to dyno 62whp lol.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011

Hehe yep. She can definitely get down. She's also the only bike I own that I won't let anybody else ride.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Hehe yep. She can definitely get down. She's also the only bike I own that I won't let anybody else ride.
    I'll admit it - I'd be scared shitless to ride the thing. With that kind of power at the wheel and less than 400 lbs dry, that equals HOLY SHIT! the first time you crack open the throttle. I'll just ride my lil' 600 and try to stay out of trouble...

[edit] The only thing I don't envy is the cost of valve adjustments and other maintenance on that thing.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I see you live in Klein, I'm down the road in Spring. We should get out and ride one of these weekends.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Seems more like a beginner's course. If you want some track time, there are great courses at Texas World Speedway in Bryan.

Top Bottom