• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    A longhorn, bear, and an aggie are in a car and it breaks down in the desert. They all decide to grab supplies and start walking. Longhorn grabs water, bear grabs an umbrella for shade, and the aggie is removing the car door. They ask why, and Aggie replies, if it gets hot we can roll the window down
    Lynx Defense

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Two aggies set out to prove you can lead a horse to water AND make him drink.

I'll put a straw up it's ass and suck water through when you dunk his head.

So they start and ol boy out back says "raise his head, you got it in the mud"

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Aggie has constipation BAD!!! Goes to the doctor and explains the situation. Doc says, no problem, here are some suppositories. Couple days later Aggie shows back up and says DOC! I still haven't shit. Doc: damn weird, here's some more suppositories. Aggie comes back a 3rd time and dying. Doc! Please help me, I need to shit. The Doc is perplexed, and asked " You are taking the suppositories right?" Aggie replies, "you damn right I am. What do you think I'm doing with them? Shoving them up my ass?"

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    This thread has been a treasure trove of information about vehicles designed to frustrate owners who want to do their own maintenance. Thanks for all the insights.

I'm curious, though. Not counting anything made in the previous century, are there any good vehicles out there that seem designed to be easy to work on?
    My Rovers are 2004s..

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Hyundais makes some very good vehicles.
    I don't know if I'd go that far. BIL has one that has to go into the shop about once a year. I think an unstated reason the mechanic likes them is they break often, but it's also often an easy fix.

They just barely pass your qualification for being from this millennia, but 2000 - 2006 Wranglers are dead simple to work on. Get one with the 4.0 AMC motor and it'll last forever.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don't know if I'd go that far. BIL has one that has to go into the shop about once a year. I think an unstated reason the mechanic likes them is they break often, but it's also often an easy fix.

They just barely pass your qualification for being from this millennia, but 2000 - 2006 Wranglers are dead simple to work on. Get one with the 4.0 AMC motor and it'll last forever.
    The 4.0 liter AMC engine is one of the best engines ever manufactured IMO.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Right, so they are readily available. Wix is generally a good aftermarket filter.

WA11090 and WL10473
    Looks like all the typical places carry it, and Napa has their re-branded version as well: NapaGold 100473
    So one brand as a mail order option and Napas premium filter which is never in stock is considered widely available?

Your just trying to argue at this point.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I genuinely appreciate the depth of knowledge possessed by our collective membership.
    And how everyone stays on the topic.

I changed the head light bulbs on my 2013 Silverado twice. Not to hard. There is enough room to get my hand and arm, up to my elbow, between the fender and radiator, the head light is between then, an the other garbage under the hood. I can reach the bulb, twist it, remove it and install the new on about 5 minuets. I've changed both of them twice since buying the truck new in 2013.The only issue I have with it is that the light bulb cost about $30.00 each. After replacing them last year, during the day I turn them head lights off, they come on automatically when I put the truck in gear, as to not burn them during the day light hours. This way they will last longer.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    They also have just one probably. They're like 357mag. You'll find a box here and there, but no one would claim it's widely available. Compare it to any other car where they have 15 on the shelf. There's a difference

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    The headlight bulbs in my 03 Expedition are not too hard to replace. In fact, I replaced both headlight assemblies without too much trouble. The originals were pretty hazed over and the lens restoration kit did not work. I was able to replace a bad coil myself too. Fortunately, it was #5, the very front coil on the driver's side. It's the only one I could have replaced without removing the fuel rail and maybe some other stuff.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My current fun vehicle requires the entire assembly to be replaced, not just the bulb. I looked up the procedure for it - tape up body panels to keep from scratching them, remove front bumper, remove bumper "sliders" etc.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My current fun vehicle requires the entire assembly to be replaced, not just the bulb. I looked up the procedure for it - tape up body panels to keep from scratching them, remove front bumper, remove bumper "sliders" etc.
    On the Fiata you remove the fender liner and can easily get to them. The liner is held on by pop pins so it comes down easy. Usually don't even have to remove the wheel.

The Miat isn't the same?

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Word of warning on the Kia's and Hyundai. You can not get an air or oil filter for them anywhere. You HAVE to go to the dealer for maintenance. Things may change, but as of now, owners are stuck
    not true I can get about 4 different oil filters for my Kia Forte. I got the last one a Wix from Napa.

Top Bottom